Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 09:51 PM
    Power converter or adapter to use US items in China
    Can someone provide some links to power adapters or what ever they are called. That will allow me to use my electronics from the US in China.

Also any advice about them.

Charging computers, hand held games
    kmcar529 Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 1, 2012, 07:27 PM
    Power converters can be found at Best Buy, Walmart, or any other places with a good selection of electronics. However, most computers and phones can be plugged directly into the wall in China. I used to live there and plugged my American computer into the wall with no problems. American outlets put out 110 volts of electricity, and Chinese ones put out 220 - Most computers accept a range of about 90volts to about 250 volts. Check the charger for your electronics - it should give specifications for electricity imput.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 08:58 PM
    Thank you for the advice, I forgot about this thread and did find almost everything I owned could just be plugged in.

** OK my cell phone could not, but I needed a new one anyway

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The AC power adapter type can not be determined [ 1 Answers ]

Dear, I have a problem in my dell latitude d505, when I bootup it says the AC power adapter type can not be determined. This will prevent optimal system performance. Please reply, Thanks. Afzal

1998 honda civic catalytic converter cleaned out after getting 420 converter code... [ 9 Answers ]

Had converter cleaned out until there was nothing left! Car ran like a dream first day.. since that time about 6 days now.. progressively driving with less gumption although it hasn't tried to die on me---brother is supposed to be doing something with the downstream 02 sensor this weekend.. any...

Need info on power adapter for different laptops [ 4 Answers ]

I had a Toshiba P205D series Laptop and have several accessories for it - including power adapters. I am contemplating purchasing an HP HDX 15-1140 laptop. Is it possible to use the Toshiba power brick and adapters with the HP laptop? Thanks

List of Lead containing Items from China [ 1 Answers ]

My son in law gave my granddaughter a tea set from China! The box does not say that it contains lead but my wife returned one that looked identical because it said on the box that it did contain lead. With the rash of recalls for lead paint from objects made in China we are concerned for her...

Power Converter for Welder [ 2 Answers ]

I do not have any 220 Outlets in my house. Got a welder with a 115v or 230v input. I'm set up for 110 outlets but would like to switch to the 230 input. Considering purchasing on of those transformers that plugs into a 110 and converts to 220. Got a 42 Amp draw on the welder and a max 5000W on...

View more questions Search