Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Mar 2, 2007, 11:01 AM
    .wps file to word doc or notepad
    Is there a way to convert wps file to word, or notepad, if yes could u please tell me. One of the student have wps file in her e-mail and want to open it up in word/notepad at school because we don't have wps at school.

Thanks,

Hadi88
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Save the file to your Desktop. Double-click on the file on your Desktop and you should get a dialog box asking which program do you want to use to open it - select Word.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 2, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Have the student use File>Save As and save as a Doc or Text format.

Mar 2, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Thanks Scott and Karma.

That's what I did, saved it on the desktop and tried to open up in the word, but it came up like all gibrish you know like small square boxed, comas lines and some where in between text.

I was woundring if there's any other way?

Hadi88
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 2, 2007, 05:00 PM
    If you have Word it can read Works files. But the conversion files are installed by default. Insert your Office CD and run the Setup to add compenent. Under the Office components are Text converters.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Hey, I found this http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli...=1172113829826
    It includes a free wps viewer.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Mar 3, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Hey Hadi,

Try the below link of Microsoft in which you will find the easiest way to do it.

How to open a Works 6.0, a Works 7.0, or a Works 8.0 word processing document in Word

Mar 5, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Thanks every body.
    Another student had the same problem today, she had saved her file in jump drive, I opend up Microsoft word and opened it up from the flash drive with out saving it on the desktop and it worked fine with out any problem.
    Do u think the student who had the problem last week and couldn't open it up has old version of word perfect, is it possible, I never used word perfect, only .doc and .txt.

I didn't see the student who had problem last week, I'll ask her again if I see her.

Hadi88

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

About hyperlinks in Word Doc. [ 4 Answers ]

I save Word Docs as html for website use. These docs often have links that by default save to open in the same window. How can I save a Word Doc as html so that the links are all _blank? Thanks!

Open Works (.wps) Doc with MS Word [ 1 Answers ]

MS is nuts. I can't open a Works Word Processor File (.wps) with Word. Is there a workaround to this? I do know that with Works you can save a .wps file as .doc. Is this the only option? Thanks!

Need EXTREME help with Microsoft Word Doc [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all... Maybe someone can help me with this because I am about to pull my hair out. O.K. I have a Word Doc that I need to do for my job. It is an 11 page biographical affidavit that will be e-mailed to all employees. They will open it up on their computers and fill in all the questions. ...

MS WORD - save a .DOC - so it can not be edited [ 4 Answers ]

Hi :) When I make a Word .doc. I want to save it so that when I send the .doc and the other party opens it It will not open so it can be edited... so I make a DOC. Send it via email... and they open my DOC. It opens it a form that they can also edit it. So how do I save a doc. That...

Vb + text file (notepad) [ 0 Answers ]

I have a program that reads and writes to a flat (textfile) Currently I am using the Microsoft scripting runtime Control.that works fine for reading , but not for writing All I want to do is exp read from line 230 and write it to Line 13 I will app. If anyone could help Thank you ...

View more questions Search