Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lily25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 01:06 PM
    how much current to cancel earth's magnetic field?
    It can be shown the magnetic field in a long narrow tube is uniform and given by B(Tesla =1.26E-6 N I(amp)?

where N is number of wire loops/meter. Assuming the solenoid is aligned along the Earth's magnetic field,how much current is needed to cancel the Earth's field?
    earth's magnetic field is 10^-4 Tesla
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 04:36 AM
    Given the equation , and given that the earth's magnetic field is , set these equal to each other and solve for the current, I.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

North or South Magnetic Field? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know the polarity of my magnet. I don't know if it's north, south, or a different one on each side. How do I find out?

Magnetic field in the solenoid? [ 0 Answers ]

A long solenoid (n = 1200turns/m, radius = 2.0 cm) has a current of a 0.30 A in its winding.A long wire carrying a current of 20 A is parallel to and 1.0 cmfrom the axis of the solenoid. What is the magnitude of theresulting magnetic field at a point on the axis of thesolenoid?

Force on a wire in a magnetic field. [ 1 Answers ]

If a 190 cm wire carrying 15.00 A of current experiences a force of 0.60N, a)What is the direction and magnetic field intensity that is causing this? b)At what angle would the field need to be at to have the force experienced?

A point charge moving in a magnetic field of 1.24 [ 1 Answers ]

A point charge moving in a magnetic field of 1.24 Tesla experiences a force of 0.813·10-11 N. The velocity of the charge is perpendicular to the magnetic field. In this problem, we use the points of the compass and `into' and `out of' to indicate directions with respect to the page. If the...

Electro magnetic field induced power. [ 4 Answers ]

My power line from my meter to the electric panel runs in a pvc conduit with several house wires from the old panel box.This was apparently done several years ago during a remodel. Since I have owned this house my electric usage has been 3 times the average for this size home. My question is can...

View more questions Search