Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    haroon31 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2004, 07:30 AM
    Configure backup server
    We have windows 2000 domain working perfectly however it's a sloW pIII machine and recently we bought a new p4 machine to be used as a server but instead of making it the primary domain we would like to use it as a backup domain it should do the following
    1) If the main server is down it should act as the main
    2) any file created or modified on the shared drive of any domain should automatically be created or modified on both server
    3)users and groups created on any domain should replicate on the other.

Please help me configure this backup server we have also bought a licensed windows 2000 copy for this server.
    Thanks
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 25, 2004, 07:44 AM
    Network implementations need a certain level of know-how.
    If you cannot afford a professional to do it for you, search the neighbourghood for a whizz-kid. These things cannot be explained through a helpdesk - it's too broad.
    haroon31 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2004, 10:20 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks dear, I maintain my network myself what I was asking was an idea to go about it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to configure free pop3 and smtp in outlook express through yahoo.com [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, Please help me out how to configure the outlook express (free pop3 and smtp) through yahoo.com Regards vijay :confused:

How to configure FTP on a PC running windows 2000 [ 10 Answers ]

I wish to know what I need to do to use FTP for file transfers between my local office to my remote office. I have a PC with windows 2000 as OS.I wish to upload the files on this PC .Do I need any additional software to be installed. Please let me know. Regards

How I can configure the mail server.. [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, please help me , to do the established the mail server for our organization. Our company has database server, print server, but don't have any mail server. Would you like to help me how I can configure the mail server like (Mdeaomon, excahnge server2000) etc. I want to config the mail...

View more questions Search