Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hopefullyjustno Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 03:55 PM
    Heat rash?
    I know it will be a good idea to get tested, but I wanted to get a couple opinions real quick as well... I'm a very active person and It's been very hot and humid I'm my area. I'm always outside biking, running and.going to the gym.

About 15-17 days ago I had protected vaginal sex with a friend whom I now suspect might have herpes, but in dormant. About 5 days ago I started to get an itch on the upper inside of my inner theigh. I have 2 cats and sleep in the nude 99% of the time, so.their fur and dander is probably all over my bed while I'm at work. I notice I'll break out in skin rashs on my chest and arms once in a while if they don't get brushed often.

The rash doesn't get too red or too painful, just inconvenient and what looks like little zits. I don't notice any oozing or anything, but I've been using baby powder etc and that has seemed to help, and in about 6-7 days It's almost completely gone. It is not on my scrotum or penis at all that I've noticed. Just the inner thigh on my left leg. Might have been a.little itchy under the scrotum but I didn't itch and Haven't seen any rash.

Does this sound more like jock itch or herpes?

Well as an update, the baby/body powder didn't do nearly as much as the lotrimin I started using 2 days ago... Since I started that there is almost zero irritation and everything seems to be going away...

Nothing has spread to the testicles or shaft etc... And Haven't noticed any itch out of the normal being a guy and having boxers rub etc... There are still some small bumps that look like they are mostly healed and going away...

Looking back, I first noticed an itch last Friday night after golfing all day in high heat and duepoint... The rash and bumps started around Sunday morning. I never felt any actual pain etc or aches out of the ordinary from my normal workout. I had also Biked 12 miles on Friday as well with drinking after... So I'm really starting to think It's just jock itch or heat rash... It looks more like a mild.case of heat rash than jock itch. But still has the look of very mild herpes from some pictures.

It's been about 7-8 days since first itch and I had done a lot of outdoor exercise in high heat and humidity during all this... Maybe prolonging the rash?

I guess id like to hear from someone that has.seen heatrash confused with herpes, or from someone that can tell me if herpes can be on your inner thigh but not spread to the testicles (they like to hang out together while sitting at my desk at work all day and during every day to day activity).

I know It's still a real possibility, but I'm hoping I dodged a bullet here and It's just crappy timing with the high heat we've had...

Check out some similar questions!

Rash on palms, usually in winter, looks like prickly heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have this rash on my palms that looks like prickly heat. They're tiny, red dots all over my palms and a little between my fingers (not very visible, just like small translucent red dots just beneath the skin). They itch a lot and it burns if I scratch. There's slight relief if I put ice on them...

Rash on palms, usually in winter, looks like prickly heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have this rash on my palms that looks like prickly heat. They're tiny, red dots all over my palms and a little between my fingers (not very visible, just like small translucent red dots just beneath the skin). They itch a lot and it burns if I scratch. There's slight relief if I put ice on them...

Heat Pump blows 5amp fuse when switching between defrost & back to heat. Them Heat work [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump System. It’s about 5 years old and has functioned OK until this Christmas Eve. One problem is the condensing unit is not kicking back on after it goes into defrost mode. I found a 5AMP fuse blown in the attic unit and once replaced it functioned. At least for a day or two...

Heat Rash on back side of legs of 6 month old [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 6 month old and she has what I'm calling a heat rash under on the back side of her legs (behind her knees). Any suggestions on what might help clear it up? Guessing its from her legs being bent and a bit chunky ( I say that lovingly) so she has her baby fat in that area.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.