Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 6, 2012, 03:02 PM
    Nostalgia for things you liked as a kid
    Has anyone else noticed that when you get to your mid to late 20s, you start to become interested in things that you liked as a kid again? I've noticed many other people saying the same thing and I wondered why that happens. Usually you go through a phase as a teenager when you think that stuff is "uncool" but then as an adult, you start liking it again. In my 20s I started getting really into retro 80s and early 90s stuff like Peanuts holiday specials, old super nintendo games, classic rock, Disney movies, I still remember being overjoyed a few years ago when I found the old 80s Garfield animated specials on DVD at Walmart. Just watched "The Fox and the Hound" on an old VHS tape last night, and I still watch "Littlest Hobo" reruns as often as I can.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Just wait until you hit your 40s and 50s.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jul 9, 2012, 06:54 AM
    I was watching Garfield (the old ones) with my 4 year old who was not one bit interested in them. I remember watching them as a kid and loving them. All though I have to say I was a bit relieved she wasn't interested, can't believe all the adult humor in those old cartoons. I also remember watching "Look who's Talking" as a kid, I burnt them and started watching with E, totally NOT appropriate for under 13! Lol
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jul 11, 2012, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora_Bell View Post
    I was watching Garfield (the old ones) with my 4 year old who was not one bit interested in them. I remember watching them as a kid and loving them. All though I have to say I was a bit relieved she wasn't interested, can't believe all the adult humor in those old cartoons. I also remember watching "Look who's Talking" as a kid, I burnt them and started watching with E, totally NOT appropriate for under 13! lol
    That's what was good about 80s cartoons, they were good for kids and there was enough mature humor to entertain adults without being offensive. Lou Rawls and Desiree Goyette did great singing on the Garfield specials and some Peanuts specials. I find she's one of the few female singers with a voice nearly as good as Adele's.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2012, 05:02 PM
    I liked my boogers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love music from the nostalgia music [ 0 Answers ]

What's that music from the nostalgia critic from when he was reviewing the langoliers and when the girl fell into the lap of that boy and then that sexy music began playing. Can anyone tell me what it is, please? Thanks

Girlfriend wants to take my kid to Ohio and leave ? How can I keep custidy of my kid [ 13 Answers ]

I live in Florida and my girlfriend keeps threatening to take our son and leave me to go back to Ohio. How can I stop her from taking my child out of state? What are my rights?

Looking for a piece of nostalgia [ 1 Answers ]

I recall a film from childhood(1950s), but have been unable to find out the title or any other information about it. From what I remember, it involved a little girl with a sick/dying parent. The child had been told that if a cow knelt down at midnight on Christmas Eve, a miracle would happen. ...

Movie about a kid in a can, an instant kid. [ 2 Answers ]

This was a family movie. I don't remember it very well, but there was this child, maybe a robot child and the woman opened up a can and there he was. It was not animated. I remember liking it and thought my kids would like it. Anybody know what it is?

View more questions Search