Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LightHouse512 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 01:20 PM
    If I pay my auto garage debt off before court date do I still have to attend court
    I owe some dollars to my garage mechanic. I was paying every month but then the billing stopped so I thought it was paid off. It wasn't. Now they want to go to small claims court to get the money. I have the full amount of the debt right now so if I pay the debt off on 7/9/12 would I still have to go to court on 7/31/12 [scheduled court date].
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 6, 2012, 01:30 PM
    Do you have to, that is a maybe issue, no you should not have to, as long as you get proof that the case is dropped. You pay them, I would still go to court with a receipt it has been paid, if not, they show up and perhaps lie, and still get a judgement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to attend new court hearind date. [ 5 Answers ]

Lost my case by default as I was not in the country to attend, however I vacated and got a new hearing date. My wife is due to give birth at the new date of court and we live over 3,355.00 miles away from the court. What do I do. Help!

Credit debt. Court date soon! [ 12 Answers ]

Hello everyone and anyone who can help. My situation is this: I am currently being sued by a credit collection agency for $2,698 that includes $1400 of interest and fee etc. My court date is this week. I am a single mom, w/ an 18 mo old baby, working PT. My pay is between $160 & 200/wk. However...

Can I pay rent after the court date [ 1 Answers ]

I got a court date for eviction. Once I go to the court date can I pay the rent once they give me a date to get out.

Pay debt before court [ 5 Answers ]

I recently received a summons from Sheriff's Deputies regarding a debt from a furniture company which I actually owe and have become default on. The summons was through a local "Attorney" in the Atlanta area. The debt is listed as 2000.00 with some court fees and interest thrown in. I contacted the...

Debt Court Summons -- If I pay in full, can I avoid court? [ 5 Answers ]

I realize a lot of people post questions regarding debt summons and I've scrolled through the boards but I haven't found a clear answer to a few of my queries. Here's what happened: I was today presented (they slid it under my door) with a summons to appear in court. I'm being sued by Capital One...

View more questions Search