Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samvernon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 10:52 AM
    Cervical shortening/preterm labor
    Hello, I'm currently 24 weeks pregnant and just had an ultrasound done which measured my cervix at 1.44. I was sent straight to the hospital and was given a shot of celestone, the doctor also put me on bed rest with weekly follow up appointments. I am currently home in bed but since after taking the second shot of celestone, I'm experiencing an annoying cramp in my two legs and lower back. I'm also feeling a heavyness in my lower abdomen when I'm on my feet. Is the cramping a result of the injection or am I experiencing preterm labor symptoms? I'm not sure what's really going on. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Check out some similar questions!

23 weeks preterm labor? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 23 weeks with my second child, my first was born 7 weeks early due to pre-eclampsia, I am diabetic, have seizures, hypothyroidism, angina with a heart blockage and have been having contractions on and off for 5 days, am now having vaginal pressure back pressure and nausea but no contractions...

Preterm labor? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 29 Weeks, 1.5 cm dilated, 70% effaced at a 2 station after being in the hospital for a couple day with magnesium to slow contractions... How long can I stay like this before giving birth on average... would like to go to 32 Weeks and was put on lite duty but kind of clueless of what to expect...

Pregnancy/Preterm labor [ 1 Answers ]

I am 31 weeks pregnant, the doctors have already told me that I will deliver early, with that being said I'm having issues tonight that I haven't had before. I can't sleep nor can I get comfortable, and I'm feeling very nausated. I would drink some milk to help but here latley it's been making me...

Preterm labor [ 1 Answers ]

I am 28 weeks pregnant and I am very emotional stressed out to where I cry about everything and I am very tired exhausted because I am in college and I am having problems with my baby daddy so can stress cause me to go in preterm labor

Is it preterm labor [ 1 Answers ]

I;m 25 weeks pregnant and have partial placentia previa which has been conformed at my last two ultrasounds, now tonight I think I'm having some contractions. My belly gets so hard and uncomfortable when I stand or sit, my back is hurting in the lower half and I'm having pressure in the vaginal...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.