Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dloinl08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2012, 01:50 AM
    Polymers confusing me
    I'm doing an experiment with polymers trying to create a substance that is rubber like with also the similarity of a soft like durable plastic that is flexible that has a sticky compound to it were it will always be sticky in its form. I have yet to succeed in my works. I'm starting to wonder if its even possible and if it is possible, what materials combined is able to achieve this? If you could lead me in the right direction I would so be appreciative.

Thank you,

Dillon
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 6, 2012, 02:16 AM
    I have no idea, but I have such a material on a spot on my floor. It is about the size of a bandaid and I'm trying to scrape it off, but it stretches a little and then glues itself right back down to the floor. Probably the adhesive for some sort of tape or label, but thick. So I think your material exists. (not sure a polymer expert will be watching this board, however?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conducting polymers [ 16 Answers ]

So far, I've tried to find why cis-polyethyne does not conduct electricity whilst trans-polyethyne does. I've got no satisfactory answer until now, unfortunately. For example, I found this on wikipedia: Conjugated system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia But it doesn't tell me why cis...

Polymers, Agar Agar, gelatine, [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I am currently trieng to find a substance/material like Agar Agar or gelatine that thickens fluids. Temperature (room temperature) can not be changed. Looking for something that absorbes/thickens fluids. Also I am looking for methane bacteria that "eat" methane. Any...

Very Confusing Ex? [ 2 Answers ]

First and foremost; I would like to Thank you for taking the time to read this! I'm looking for some non-judgemental insight/advice on a very Confusing ex? It's a long story but he and I dated for almost 2 years and he Broke up with me suddenly because of his "hang-ups". Shortly after that ...

So confusing. [ 1 Answers ]

My man broke up with me 8 months ago. Due to commitment issues. He said he loved me but did not want to commit... and said it was not fair on me... We had some contacts until February. He was dating another. When he found out about me finding out his girlfriend, (his girlfriend phoned a friend of...

View more questions Search