Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thegoodguy11 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2012, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Not that she ever talked about.

It's 2 a.m your time. Time for bed. We can talk about this again tomorrow or after you've read through some of those library books. I look forward to getting your reports of what you are learning.
    I guess your right... ill checking tomorrow to tell u my learnings I'm going to ask my dad to take me to library. You have been helpful thank you
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 7, 2012, 11:04 PM
    We Tar Heels have to stick together! Sleep well!
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 8, 2012, 12:19 PM
    Keep in mind TV has glorified this whole subject and a 14 year old really is not going to be equipped with the spiritual wisdom and maturity one would need to confront spirits. Stay safe...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 12:21 PM
    And unless the 14 year olds family is rich, they are not going to get to buy the thousands and thousands of dollar of equipment needed from a scientific investigation
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 8, 2012, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Keep in mind TV has glorified this whole subject and a 14 year old really is not going to be equipped with the spiritual wisdom and maturity one would need to confront spirits. Stay safe...
    That's why I urged him to go to the library and read up on this phenomenon. Because of parental concerns and the expense of equipment and traveling, reading may be the best way to satisfy his curiosity right now, plus educate him to some extent. A reference librarian will be more than willing to find titles that his own library doesn't own and interlibrary loan them for him. Years ago I went through a ghost-hunting phase and inhaled every book about it that I could get my hands on. After that I went into a Gothic romance phase and then a Stephen King/horror phase and then...

Jul 9, 2012, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    And unless the 14 year olds family is rich, they are not going to get to buy the thousands and thousands of dollar of equipment needed from a scientific investigation
    . You don't have to have money there is stuff such as wind chimes, compas, cheap cell phone, homemad emf meter, cheap camcorder, cheap voice recorder, and common sense. U don't have to rich u smart one

Jul 9, 2012, 06:25 PM
    That is true... there are tricks of the trade and getting the basics isn't too difficult. That isn't really the issue here. Do you parents know of your newly found past time?

Jul 9, 2012, 06:30 PM
    That is true...there are tricks of the trade and getting the basics isn't too difficult. That isn't really the issue here. Do you parents know of your newly found past time?
    What do you mean newly found past time?

Jul 9, 2012, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodguy11 View Post
    What do you mean newly found past time??
    The ghost hunting... do your parents know this is what you are wanting to get involved in?

Jul 10, 2012, 04:57 PM
    The ghost hunting...do your parents know this is what you are wanting to get involved in?
    The know and they don't care
    sammybaby199 Posts: 66, Reputation: 7

Jul 12, 2012, 08:38 PM
    I'm in the same boat you are. I'm getting close short of cameras and other equipment lol
    Ghosts don't work on cue. There have been quite a few times where I have done EVP sessions and didn't catch a thing.

Things you definitely want to think about before getting into this field.
    1. Do you know what equipment you need to start?
    2.Are you planning on creating your own team? If so, team members you can trust, and a team name

3.Do have the necessary paper work?
    4.Do you have places that are reportedly haunted?
    5.Do you really know what you're getting yourself into?
    Not everything you come into contact with is nice. Just like people certain entities can be down right nasty. I know, I've come into contact with quite a few. I got an EVP just the other day. I asked 'What do you want?' it said it wanted to kill me. Are you mentally and physically prepared for hearing something like that? I've been touched, I've seen things, I've heard things. Yes I believe in God, but that won't stop you from experiencing things like that. I'm not trying to deter you believe me, you just really have to be prepared in this field.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 12, 2012, 08:52 PM
    My old house was haunted, say a shadow certain times of the day fairly regular walking up to the door ( about the time the past owner often got home). Had smell of pipe smoke ( same as past owner used). On several occasions had items off my desk fly off ( not fall, fly across the room) and we all saw it fly, not like finding it on floor latter.
    sammybaby199 Posts: 66, Reputation: 7

Jul 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
    It very well could have been the old owner. Some spirits have an attachment to certain places such as a house.. But how would you feel if someone just came to your house and took it over and there wasn't a thing you could do about it? I would make myself known too lol

Jul 12, 2012, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sammybaby199 View Post
    I'm in the same boat you are. I'm getting close short of cameras and other equipment lol
    Ghosts don't work on cue. There have been quite a few times where I have done EVP sessions and didn't catch a thing.

Things you definitely want to think about before getting into this field.
    1. Do you know what equipment you need to start?
    2.Are you planning on creating your own team? If so, team members you can trust, and a team name

3.Do have the necessary paper work?
    4.Do you have places that are reportedly haunted?
    5.Do you really know what you're getting yourself into?
    Not everything you come into contact with is nice. Just like people certain entities can be down right nasty. I know, I've come into contact with quite a few. I got an EVP just the other day. I asked 'What do you want?' it said it wanted to kill me. Are you mentally and physically prepared for hearing something like that? I've been touched, I've seen things, I've heard things. Yes I believe in God, but that won't stop you from experiencing things like that. I'm not trying to deter you believe me, you just really have to be prepared in this field.
    I have a partner we are called the. Ghostlickers. Yes I have equipment and a few places I'm going to investigate. What do you mean by do you know what your getting yourself into? I'm mentally prepared. By the way how do you post pics up here because I recently took a pic and caught a face looking at me in it how can I post it to this thread
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 09:01 AM
    I would say to be a good investigator you need to be objective in your investigation.
    The vast majority of reported paranormal experiences are found to be caused by normal causes.

If you are looking for things to be caused by the paranormal you can easily overlook the actual cause and look foolish.

I believe in the paranormal and have seen and experienced it.Those occurrences led me to many years of searching for answers that I have yet to find after 35+ years.

Almost every time paranormal events are reported they are found to have been caused by things like the noises buildings make as they heat up in the sun and cool down at night. The noises that can be made from this are incredible and varied and can easily be confused with whispering, footsteps, knocks, laughter, crying, and almost anything else.

The fields emitted by electrical panels can cause you to become anything from feeling uneasy or "watched" to actually making you ill.

The human brain is so amazing in what it can do that when you hear or see something that you don't understand , your brain will try to put it into a situation that it understands.
    And since shows like "Ghost Hunters" are so common and movies like that too , the brain will find it a similar situation and "classify" your experience as "ghost-like" all in 1/000 of a second and you then without realizing it focus on it being scary or strange.

When this happens your brain starts working faster due to our basic survival instincts reaction to fear. It then tells your body to release adrenalin that speeds everything up. That is what is happening when you are startled and feel "chills" run up your spine.

This heightened activity can cause you to be so much more aware of what is going on around you , you will hear and see things you normally would not notice.

And many times these are the things that are mistaken for ghosts, voices, knocking , and on and on.

Start thinking about what other things might have caused these things. It can turn into some really interesting and even fun mystery solving.

Hauntings do happen. Demons do excist and I advise caution also as a basis for an investigater because in some cases there is danger. Much more than is usually evident or thought of by most.
    It is rare , but it is out there.

Never assume you are ready or capable to handle anything you encounter. Ask for experienced help if in doubt.

Some good backround information is contained in a book (one of several by the authors) "The Demonologist" by Ed and Lorraine Warren. It will give you an idea of what you may encounter and how it may be approached.

The bible is essential reading in this area and you should become very familiar with what it has to say about the paranormal . I dare say Haunting Helper and Father Chuck will back me here.

Remember you are not looking to make an hour of enteraining TV or a movie if honest investigation is what you are after. Honest investigation is a search for truth not fame or fortune.

Much of the modern equipment can be very useful if used properly by a person who has extensive knowledge and familiarity with that equipment and understands it is not always a definitive source and it too can be " fooled " by natural cause.

This is the very basic advice I would offer anyone looking to become an investigator of the paranormal that is looking for the truth.

Note: To upload a photo use the "advanced " setting in the answer question box and click on the paperclip at the top of the box. It will add your photo as an atachment in your answer. ( Not quite that simple but self explainatory to some extent when you click on the paperclip)

Jul 14, 2012, 09:45 AM
    "The bible is essential reading in this area and you should become very familiar with what it has to say about the paranormal . I dare say Haunting Helper and Father Chuck will back me here."

You got that right. I usually don't get too concerned if someone wants to become a paranormal investigator... it's an interesting subject I cannot deny that. But we're dealing with a 14 year old who really just wants to expose demonic activity... which I would rather call "playing with fire". Paranormal investigation is one thing... exposing and confronting demonic activity is another.
    Expert

Jul 14, 2012, 06:34 PM
    [QUOTE=hauntinghelper;3195042You got that right. I usually don't get too concerned if someone wants to become a paranormal investigator...it's an interesting subject I cannot deny that. But we're dealing with a 14 year old who really just wants to expose demonic activity...which I would rather call "playing with fire". Paranormal investigation is one thing....exposing and confronting demonic activity is another.[/QUOTE]

That is my point. This is not a game and the consequences can be so terrible that the issue should be made very clear that these are intelligent and powerful entities that have ONLY evil intensions.

Any potential investigator should understand that the facination and interest that is rewarding and almost addicting can turn to abject terror and worse . It can be brought to those around you who you love and care for .

Even the people on the TV shows have admitted that they have brought home "spirits" that have ruined marriages and broke up families.
    Sometimes the evil can be subtle , but the damage is not.

So thegoodguy11... read the "Demonologist" or "The Devil in Conneticut" while you're alone at night .
    Sweet dreams.

Jul 15, 2012, 08:20 AM
    "The bible is essential reading in this area and you should become very familiar with what it has to say about the paranormal . I dare say Haunting Helper and Father Chuck will back me here."

You got that right. I usually don't get too concerned if someone wants to become a paranormal investigator...it's an interesting subject I cannot deny that. But we're dealing with a 14 year old who really just wants to expose demonic activity...which I would rather call "playing with fire". Paranormal investigation is one thing....exposing and confronting demonic activity is another.
    So should I just give up my dream just because you say it's dangerous I understand the extent of the dangers of it... should I wait until I'm older to do this
    Expert

Jul 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodguy11 View Post
    So should I just give up my dream just because you say it's dangerous I understand the extent of the dangers of it.......should I wait until I'm older to do this
    No. Start learning now. Doctors don't learn brain surgery by starting the first day with a hammer and a large nail and an ice cream scoop.

There are many years of classroom work before they ever enter an operating room.

When I was being taught to handle and use explosives, when I worked underground , they didn't hand me a case of dynamite , a handful of blasting caps and a few matches then point me to a large open area.
    I had to sit in classes for 30 days before I got to blow anything up!

And by then I not only knew the safety measures , I understood the physics and various properties of what blowing up something really was all about.
    That made it incredibly more fun and interesting and no one lost any body parts or their lives.

Go with caution and knowledge and believe me when I say there are things you may encounter nobody can be ready for.
    Starting at such a young age and if the dedication holds , armed with knowledge and faith... you may become a legend in 20 years.
    I hope you do.

My point was to try and get you to understand this is not a game and never think you are ready for anything. Never let your guard down that far.

Be cautious , and I wish you well.

Jul 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post
    No. Start learning now. Doctors don't learn brain surgery by starting out the first day with a hammer and a large nail and an ice cream scoop.

There are many years of classroom work before they ever enter an operating room.

When I was being taught to handle and use explosives, when I worked underground , they didn't hand me a case of dynamite , a handful of blasting caps and a few matches then point me to a large open area.
    I had to sit in classes for 30 days before I got to blow anything up!!

And by then I not only knew the safety measures , I understood the physics and various properties of what blowing up something really was all about.
    That made it incredibly more fun and interesting and no one lost any body parts or their lives.

Go with caution and knowledge and believe me when I say there are things you may encounter nobody can be ready for.
    Starting at such a young age and if the dedication holds , armed with knowledge and faith .......you may become a legend in 20 years.
    I hope you do.

My point was to try and get you to understand this is not a game and never think you are ready for anything. Never let your guard down that far.

Be cautious , and I wish you well.
    Wow I guess Your right. I always that it was something I learn from experience not Books but I guess I'm wrong... Thank you for your help take care: goodguy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paranormal [ 6 Answers ]

My friend stays in a house that is haunted things get thrown doors slammed things missing and found in weird places like behind the TV physically scratched etc . I was told not to go but me being 14 and interested in the paranormal I went back . Me and the owner of the house ae very alike things...

Ask a paranormal [ 1 Answers ]

When I was young, I had many accidents. When I remember them, I am looking at myself from a distance. On 1 occasion, I think I had an out of body experience (when I broke my neck) and when I woke up, I had changed in my head. On 1 occasion, an aura reader said I had no aura below my neck just...

The paranormal [ 2 Answers ]

Is the paronormal real?:confused: how far can we take it? Is anything possible?

View more questions Search