Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seabrookrose Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2012, 09:15 PM
    What is this insect
    Hi in Maine. I found an insect flying around the house. I thought it was a mosquito but when my cat finally caught it I looked at it and it is blue. Small like a mosquito. Never seen one before. Any ideas what it could be..
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Jul 17, 2012, 09:52 PM
    Cuckoo wasp?

Damselfly?

Other types of wasps?

Blue bottle fly?

The other blue insects that come to mind are not mosquito-like...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Biting flying insect that seems to be more of a sting Invisible flying insect [ 11 Answers ]

This invisible flying insect has bitten me for several years. It is active more in the dark hours or not a too well lighted area. It is very active around my bed and under the covers. This insect bites me in other location other than in my house. It bites me mostly out of my eye sight alignment...

Does anyone know what insect this is? [ 2 Answers ]

We have found an insect that I have never seen before, it is bright red, looks like an ant but isn't or at least I don't think it is. I have a picture but can't figure out how to post it here. It has six legs, looks like it have five sections of the body and antennaes that could pass as legs. The...

What insect is this? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, can someone tell me what is this insect? http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h397/Melo73/photo.jpg I found this cast skin inside an old wooden table and a few poppy seed looking hard things on the floor (maybe eggs?). Please help, I'm worried I have an infestation. Thanks!

Insect [ 5 Answers ]

I see. Well if you're interested, the question was: What is this small (2.5 mm) insect, tan/gray, dust/pollen-like camouflage? And the answer is: The nymph of the masked hunter bug, Species Reduvius personatus - Masked Hunter - BugGuide.Net This is where I found the answer: Entomology...

Insect help! [ 7 Answers ]

Why did insects never evolve (or grow) to sizes more than about 10 to 12 inches long (and, even more strictly no more than an inch or two in diameter)?

View more questions Search