Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 04:21 PM
    How to post a picture.
    We often ask for pictures of pets, and love to see your fur babies, and any animal babies you have. As a result I'm often asked how to post a picture.

Since I actually have to go through posting a picture in order to tell someone how to do it, I've decided to make a sticky. That way we have a link available that gives the step by step instructions on how to post a picture.

So, here's how you do it. :)

1. At the bottom of the box that you type in there's a link that says "go advanced". Click it.

2. A paperclip symbol will show up on the top option on the box that you type in. Click the paperclip.

3. A new box will pop up called "manage your attachments".

4. Hit the "browse" button.

5. Find the picture you want to post and double click on it.

6. Hit the "upload" button beside the browse button.

7. Under the section "Upload file from a URL", a link will appear. That's your picture.

8. Close the manage attachments window.

9. Click on the paperclip again. Your link for your picture will be there. Click on it.

10. Post.

You can post up to 5 pictures per post.

Now get to posting. We want to see your animal babies. :)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 04:30 PM
    WG beat you to it! And then I realized I have a new tower and my photos are on my old tower. By the time I get things straightened out I'll have forgotten again.

But thank you.
    Pets Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    WG beat you to it! And then I realized I have a new tower and my photos are on my old tower. By the time I get things straightened out I'll have forgotten again.

But thank you.
    Darnit. Where's WG's sticky?

I was writing this one strictly for the dog forum, because we always ask for pictures here. Even PM'd Ben and Rick about it, because I can no longer (or don't know how) make threads a sticky. I used to be able to do that in the pet forums. :(

I would help with your picture issues, but we all know how computer savvy I am, which isn't much at all. ;)

Writing these instructions reminds me of Starby. No matter how many times I told her how to do it, she never could figure out how to post pictures. I even talked her through it on the phone once, and she still couldn't get it.

Whenever she wanted a picture posted she'd send me her password, I'd log in as her, and post the picture for her. One time, while I was doing that, I got a PM from a mod asking "is Starby at your house". Makes me giggle to this day.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 05:09 PM
    I just posted your instructions as a sticky.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 05:11 PM
    Oh Starby - Alty, remember those late nights?

I hope she knows she's still missed.

Off topic - but, Alty, how about a blog about Starby?
    Pets Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Oh Starby - Alty, remember those late nights?

I hope she knows she's still missed.

Off topic - but, Alty, how about a blog about Starby?
    I love that idea! Absolutely love it.

I'll PM WG about it, since she's the blog master.

Not only Starby, but Chery too. All of our fallen AMHD members, those that are gone, but not forgotten.

It was Starby's birthday not long ago. Her sister and I are friends on fb. She posted some pictures of Starby, taken shortly before she died, with her brother that passed away only 3 months later. Her brother is the one that called me to let me know that Starby had passed. :(

I still miss her. Her whit, her intelligence, the way she could make you laugh no matter how bad your mood was. She was a gift. So was Mamma C, our sweet Chery.

It hasn't been the same since they left. I like to think that they're watching, the duck and our momma. I'm sure they are. I wonder what they'd say if they were here now.
    Pets Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I just posted your instructions as a sticky.
    Thanks WG. Now you have to read Judy's idea for a blog post.

I love it! It would be a wonderful tribute to those members we loved, but lost.

I'd be more than willing to write something for that blog. You wouldn't even have to nag me about it. Not that you nag. Not what I meant. Um... look, a duck! ;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 05:20 PM
    Hmmm, I vaguely remember promises of bunny and puppy blog posts that must still be in your fingertips.
    Pets Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Hmmm, I vaguely remember promises of bunny and puppy blog posts that must still be in your fingertips.
    Um... I don't recall the incident in question. La, la, la, la. ;)

My bad. If I have to write a puppy or bunny blog to get the Starby and Chery blog, I'll do it. In fact, consider it done.

Is that your price? Can you be bought? I also bake a mean black forest cake. Very mean. I'm not a great cook. :(
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 05:22 PM
    Who could we write about? Arcura? Starby? IQGuru? Who else?
    Pets Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Who could we write about? arcura? Starby? IQGuru? who else?
    Wait... Arcura? NO! I didn't know! I thought he left. :(

I really liked him. He was a gentle man, a good soul. Darn. When did this happen?

I don't know who IQGuru is, but I'm sorry to hear about him, or is it her, passing as well.

There's Starby, Chery. I don't know if there are others. We may need to enlist Ben on this one. He might know about those we don't.

I could definitely write a post about Starby and Chery. I know Judy could too. I'd also ask Stringer, he was very close with both of them. Actually, anyone that was on the castle chat threads would be more than willing to write about the Duck and our MommaC.

I could get you a list of people to nag. ;)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 05:30 PM
    Arcura disappeared from sight, had had a lot of physical problems, so we figure he's either in a nursing home or has died. Oh, another one is Choux -- same deal, nursing home or deceased.

IQGuru and I had known each other (and many others here) on another Q&A site. He finally wandered over here after the other site "died," but wasn't here very long before he died.
    Pets Expert

Jul 4, 2012, 06:26 PM
    It's never easy when someone dies. It still surprises me that I've connected with all of you on such a deep level, without ever having met any of you.

When Starby died, even though I knew it was coming, it was a shock. We had plans to meet each other, because we lived only a 4 hour drive away from each other, but it never happened. :(

Chery reminded me so much of my mother, minus the smoking. ;)

When they passed this site changed. Our chats changed. It hasn't been the same since, despite any effort I've put into bringing the old gang together.

When Starby was alive we'd start chat threads, and within weeks they'd be closed because they hit the 1500 mark. Now the chat threads are opened, and we do chat, but it's nothing like it was. It has to be the absence of our duck. :(

Whenever Canada day comes around I think of Starby. That's how she became a duck.

Maybe I should save this for the blog? ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I post a picture to this website? [ 2 Answers ]

I want a pic of me on my profile but I don't know how.

Post picture in website [ 3 Answers ]

I set up an account in a classic car website. Each member has a picture of a car above his name in the author column then sometimes another picture in the message area. How is this done? I'd like to have a pic of my car in my account.

Legal to post a picture? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it legal to post a picture on a website with the consent of the person in the picture? For example: I am trying to find a missing person, is it legal to put their picture on a website?

View more questions Search