Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottishCeli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 08:51 AM
    Can I be allergic to Betadine?
    In 2010 I had an abdominal CT Scan with contrast iodine. I broke out in great whelps that itched and they had to give me 50mg of Benadryl in my IV line. It took about an hour before they were ready to let me get dressed and be taken home.

Last week I had a breast biopsy and I've been itchy and have broken out in a fine rash that I would call measles except it's confined to the area where they washed me down with the Betadine. Is this the iodine allergy slowly getting worse or what?

I eat shrimp and clams with no bad effect so I didn't think I had a true allergy to iodine.

Check out some similar questions!

If I have a Betadine allergy, does this mean I am allergic to fish as well? [ 1 Answers ]

I had an itching frenzy after surgery because of betadine being applied to my skin. Since then I have avoided anything Iodine, including fish and multivitamins because they contain fish. Is this what I should be doing or is it OK to consume fish?

Doctor wanting me to use Betadine [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having recurring boils for 8 months now the doctor wants me to use Betadine it stains the skin. I looked on the Internet and they say there is a Betadine Skin Cleanser but doesn't say if it stains the skin or not. Does anyone know if the skin cleanser stains ? Is there something else I...

Are you allergic to Betadine? [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if such an allergy is shared by anyone. My ophthalmologist, after using Betadine twice on my eyes, relented grudgingly and used a different antibacterial ointment./drop. He gave me plenty of attitude as I was really putting him out by asking him to "hold the Betadine please." Both...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.