Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravikiranchowdarys Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Hou to face f1 visa
    Sir I have low acds and gre and toefl... hou can I face the vo(visa officers)for general questions such as why low scores.. and low academic... visa is mandatory for my future.. please guide properly
    Ria100 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2007, 10:36 PM
    How are you doing? Let me ask that first... before I jump into the ugly part of this situation. If you DO have low Toefl scores - you can always (after getting your visa) enter the country and take more ESL or english as secondary language classes to come up to speed with the level and standard of the class. GRE... well.. you will need a good explanation again. However, the most important question that I have for you is - have you been admitted in a school? Did you get your F1 letter from the University? Mostly, if you have that letter - and it is a accredited university then VISA officer doesn't dig deep into the rest because the University made the decision to have you onboard regarless of your low scores... so if you don't have that... I would suggest you wait until then. If you have the letter... you are set. Another thing you need to make sure is your financial statements. The visa officer will need paperwork that shows that you have money (tuition + living expenses) to support yourself in the country... (if its your 4 yr program or 3 yrs program) then make sure you have three years worth of money in the bank. VERY important. (I don't know in case of scholarships... but they still need to see the statements)...
    Again... you'll need tax statements if your parents work in government or have their own business. If you are working then they'll want to see you tax statements. They'll want to know if you are being supported by your parents or you and of course... Why do you want to go that country? How long do you plan to stay. These are the most basic questions that you need to be ready with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can F1 visa be transferred to H1B visa with out joining OPT program? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Currently I am MSC student on F1 visa currently authorized to work .I have been working as a software engineer,network engineer and web developer for the last six years . I am confused about the conversion of F1 to H1B Visa status. Can I Change my F1 visa to H1B visa with out joining the OPT...

F-1 visa (OPT) to H-1b visa: how to file tax [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, My status in US has been changed from F-1 visa(OPT) to H-1b visa during 2006. I received approval for my H1b visa in October. And I worked for the same company throughout 2006. I filed 2005 tax with 1040NR. But I don't know which form I should use for 2006. Someone please help me!

Do I take this at face value [ 9 Answers ]

We were together for 8 years. We had a quarrel - he no longer wanted to see me - now 1 month later he sends the following - he is an aquarius I am a scorpion. Where do I go from here - I have always pictured myself growing old with him Most of the anger has subsided but the hurt and...

Face Fats [ 2 Answers ]

I am 87 kg and 175 cm tall, am not chubby but I have a lot of fats I don't want around my waist and in my face, I need to lose like 5 kg but most important is how to los emy FACE FATS? There are no excersies for that, I have plenty of fats in my checks and chin, keep moving up and down when I...

Federal Forms for a F1 Visa to H1 VISA [ 5 Answers ]

I understand many people are in the same boat and I am also in the Same boat as all. Let me present my case and have it clear understanding for all First I was on OPT status from 1st January 2004 to 13th Oct 2004. I changed my status from F1 -> H1B on 14th Oct 2004. Hence my status from 14th...

View more questions Search