Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandhauling Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 07:51 AM
    Will I pass a hair test?
    I snorted a very small amount of meth a little over five weeks ago. Boy will I never do that again. Can I pass a hair test. I have never done meth prior to that situation. I have short hair and I am very active and drink lots of fluids daily. I was my hair everyday with normal shampoos.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 07:54 AM
    It's in the follicle which shampoo doesn't touch (of course).

What kind of test is scheduled?

Jul 4, 2012, 07:56 AM
    I'm really not sure. I am on probation and I am just worried they may give me one. I am not even sure they will.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2012, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sandhauling View Post
    I'm really not sure. I am on probation and I am just worried they may give me one. I am not even sure they will.
    DrBill is our resident expert but in the meantime - Omega Laboratories - Hair Testing FAQ

Jul 4, 2012, 08:08 AM
    Thank you. I will check it out.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Jul 4, 2012, 08:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sandhauling View Post
    I snorted a very small amount of meth a little over five weeks ago. Boy will I never do that again. Can I pass a hair test. I have never done meth prior to that situation. I have short hair and I am very active and drink lots of fluids daily. I was my hair everyday with normal shampoos.
    Low level infrequent drug use is seldom detected in hair drug tests* (HDT), in addition "...methamphetamine detection is difficult due to low incorporation into the hair matrix...." (1)

The detection of any drug in hair is dose dependent*, that is to say the more you use the greater the likelihood that remnants will make it into your hair. This applies to meth and amphetamines in general. (2)

HDT is a valid method for detecting heavy and regular drug use but otherwise not highly effective. Notwithstanding the advertised claims of commercial testing industry.

It is very unlikely that your use will be detected for the simple reason that there is nothing there to detect.

*possible exception is cocaine

p.152 Miller (2010) Addiction Research Methods

Polletini, etal 2012

Jul 4, 2012, 08:37 AM
    I could hug you for that! You've just made my day! I was being very stupid and gave into peer pressure. Boy will I never make that dumb mistake again! Thank you so much! Your web site has really helped.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to know what I can do to pass a hair folical test [ 11 Answers ]

Okay I Am Writing This Because I Need Some Help.. I Have A Hair Falical Test On July 11 And I Have Relapsed On Crack And Pot A Few Times And Need To Know What I Can Do Too Pass It? Please Help Me This Life Or Death :(

Need to pass hair test [ 0 Answers ]

I had a hair test done yesterday I been clean 75 days.in January I smoked mayb 6 times not very heavy.an in December a few times also but I usually stay clean for weeks to months before that.feb 9th I smoked meth... sO I been clean from weed 75 days an meth 2months.. I'm just wondering if I have a...

How to pass a hair strand test [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm in the prosses of getting my daughter back at court but I have to do another hair strand test to see how much alcohol I've been drinking is there any way I could pass the test or do it so it looks like I haven't hardly had a drink?? Thanks

How to pass a hair folicle test [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know how to pass a hair folicle test. Does anybody know by experience?

Will I pass my hair test [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am gettting tested for drugs next fall, it is winter now, this last summer in July, I tried marijuana for the first time ever, that was in July, if I get tested next:( following fall, a little more then a year later, will I pass? Everyone says that it only looks back 90 days so I should...

View more questions Search