Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thebestlobster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2012, 04:47 AM
    What is wrong with my skull?
    Hello all,
    I am a 16 year old male teenager with a problem with my skull. Whenever I press it in the region of where the scalp starts to the back of the head (sort of where a flat spot develops in some babies) I get an ache. This never worried me until I scratched my scalp quite hard and I got a terrible ache. It was like an ache if someone was actually pushing your scalp inwards. The ache does not occur anywhere else on my head.
    Now then, I first noticed this when wearing hats etc and I got an ache. I looked the problem up online and found the solution, a tension headache. However I really do wonder if this is the cause. My head seems to be very weak and I wonder if it due to a weak skull of some sort rather than a tension, muscle related problem.
    I have a large head, like the crystal skull. I was thinking that the ache may be because I have never slept on my back due to its shape, therefore when pressure is applied my head is not used to it and it hurts. I just need someone to tell me whether my skull could still be unfused for some particular reason or if it is in fact just a tension headache or some other issue.
    It would mean so much to anyone who answers as I worry about this problem regularly. I have a form of OCD but please don't just assume that I am being pedantic and making this up as I am definitely not.
    Thanks so much, Charlie P.
    Ryantheatheist Posts: 27, Reputation: 0

Jul 5, 2012, 07:46 AM
    I went to the doctor once with a similar symptom, it was on the right side nearer the back of my head. The doctor put it down to stress. :)

I don't think it is anything serious, however if it does worry you; Just pop to the doc's :)

However I think you have the same problem as me, it does pass over time.

Ryan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meaning of a skull ring [ 6 Answers ]

I recently entered into business dealing with two gentlemen wearing the following rings : Both worn on right hand little finger. Rings were 18ct Gold with skull only no crossbones or anything else. The eyes were 2 diamonds. When I enquired about the rings, they were not available for any...

Lumps on babies skull? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter is three months old and recently I found a lump on the back of her head. Its central and is just before the skull dips into the neck at the back of her head. I've never noticed it before and it seems joined to her skull but as you can imagine I'm very worried. She's still laughing...

Lump in skull [ 1 Answers ]

I have found a hard-like-a-bone lump in the left side head of my 10 week old baby, it seems like she has a malformed skull... is this normal or what?

Small lump on skull [ 1 Answers ]

Just under my eye, on the bone that surrounds the eye, there is a very small lump, about a milimetre in length. If I apply pressure to it, I can feel pain, but I think that is just in the skin. It only appears on one side. I only noticed it recently, but it could have bee nthere for much longer. Is...

View more questions Search