Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uctorrent Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Extesion request form 4868 with no ITIN
    I am planning to file an extension for tax this year. I have a SSN and need to file for ITIN for my spouse.

I understand that for federal tax extension, I can write "ITIN to be requested" in place of my spouse SSN on form 4868 and send W7 with my original return later.

I was wondering if that would work for my state too. Has anyone had that experience.

I am in Massachusetts.

Thank You
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Yes, it will work for MA as well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to get ITIN for wife, she got converted form L2 to H4 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Recently I converted from l1 to h1, My wife was on l2 & had ssn, Since she got converted to H4 and we are filing taxes jointly do I need to apply for ITIN for her ? Regards Ss

Can you file more than one w2 form on one nys tax form or do you need additional forms? [ 1 Answers ]

We live in nys and my friend has had 3 different jobs throughout the year. Does he file all w2's on one form or have a form for each?

How to fill out W-7 form to get ITIN by Polish Resident [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, My friend has been inhered a pension from her grandfather who died. She must fill out a W-7 form to get an ITIN from IRS. The main problem is a filling a reason (the top of first page). The IRS recently not accepted W-7 form and said : "You did not provide the exception you have met, your...

No reply for 4868... [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE, In continuation with your earlier replies... I had applied for extension.. But I have not got any reply till now... what should I do now ? I was to file my tax returns under First Year Extension. Now that 6 months from Feb 2006 is over I have to file the returns. Please help me. ...

About residency of h1-b holder and how to efile form 4868 [ 5 Answers ]

A.T.E, thank you very much! I am still confused about some questions below: 1. does the residency of 2005 depend on the presence of 2005 or that of when I file the income tax return in 2006. 2. I read some articles with the expression"first year choice", I find it is very important, would...

View more questions Search