Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexquarter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 10:29 PM
    Hurt my left knee playing soccer
    About 8 weeks ago I hurt my left knee playing soccer. I am a goal keeper in a women’s team. I did a slide tackle to save the goal. I ran a fair distance and slid into the attacker with my right leg under my left. I felt pain instantly and the pain seemed to have travelled down my calf a bit. I kept playing. I couldn’t put too much pressure on my left leg though. I also could not kick the ball off the ground, but could still kick when I dropped the ball on to my foot (I am left footed). The next few days I was still in pain and walked with a limp. I could not straighten my leg when sitting without it hurting, and standing up after sitting for long periods caused pain in my knee. I played soccer again the following week. I could not kick the ball off the ground at all and I had to be carried off the field half way through the game because of the pain I felt when I went down on my right knee at a 90degree angle. The next day I was walking fine and went to the doctor. He thought I had either torn or strained my LCL. He was going to wait a week until he sent me for scans. The following week I played soccer again, this time I was careful. There was still pain though. The next day I went and saw my physiotherapist. He said my left hamstring was weak (I have since strengthened it) and he did not say anything about my LCL. I have continued to see the physiotherapist and have continued playing soccer. When I am playing soccer, my knee hurts most when I slide tackle to save a goal. I usually cannot move that knee for a short period. My knee will hover over the ground because the pressure of putting it down on the ground hurts. At home and just in general, I am walking fine, I can walk up and down stairs fine, but when I am lying down and cross my left leg over my right leg I will get pain after some time. Twisting my leg particular ways also hurts. The pain is short and sharp. My leg feels stiff afterwards too, but not for long. I am not sure what is wrong and I am confused as to what I should be doing. The physiotherapist has given me strengthening exercises and I am currently just following through with those, but I do not feel as though they are helping. I guess I just want to try confirm what it is I may have done and what it is I should do.

Check out some similar questions!

70's Cartoon film animals playing soccer [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I am trying to find the name of an animated (cartoon) film about animals playing a very rough game of soccer. My father bought this on Super 8 film in the 70's. The 2 teams would blown up, run over, shoot, and all other kind of "Road Runner & Coyote" type destruction on each other. I...

Hurt my Knee while trotting out to my car [ 1 Answers ]

I started to trot out to my car in a parking lot this past Sat, when my knee gave out, it was very painful, I almost fell, when I sit, it seems like it gets worse, if I try to stand, I cannot put any weight on it, when walking its also painful, do I continue to walk on it for rehab purposes? Or am...

Why does my knee hurt [ 1 Answers ]

I went for a run earlier today and I noticed my knee starting hurting afterwards I didn't fallover it isn't swollen and I can still walk it just hurts it feels a little weak and num to. What could this be what should I do?

My knee really hurt. What is this? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm fourteen years old and my knees really hurt when I bend them. It's been happening for a couple of weeks now. Say if I bent my legs so I could touch my hands on floor when I try getting back up its really painful, it feels like my legs about to snap or when I wake up in the morning, my legs...

Hurt my knee cap what do I do? [ 1 Answers ]

I triped on my metal stiars and now my knee cap is dented and it hurts when I move it.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.