Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raenellynn1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 09:53 PM
    Employee rights regarding hippa
    I worked at a hospital, used our employee job board to apply for another position within the same company. All done on line, did not upload my resume, so had to fill it all out by hand. When my application sent, it also linked a patients information from months earlier to my application. The HR received this, and the patients information. I was terminated on a HIPPA violation. When I asked for proof that I intinally did this or knowingly did this, or could it be an IT error. I was not given an answer, or any documintation. I was denied unemployment, and now have to appeal and go before a judge... NEVER had this problem before, worked in the medical field for 15 years... How do I prepare for this court case? How do I fight the EDD ruling??

Check out some similar questions!

Were my hippa rights violated? [ 8 Answers ]

My former manager (and former friend) went to my pharmacy and requested my complete medical list without my consent. She told the pharmacist that I was a patient of the doctors office we worked at and then she used this information to write me a registered letter to basically tell me that I had...

Is it a hippa violation if a patient is also your employee? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it a Hippa violation if a patient becomes an employee of the clinic where she is being treated or volunteers at the clinic??

Does HIPPA law cover an employee being forced to provide medical information? [ 3 Answers ]

My employer is trying to force me to have my doctor write basically a "thesis" on my care stating they will not pay me for 4 weeks I have already been off due to stress, depression and fatigue (they caused, by the way). My doctor is not willing to respond to their 7-point request concerning my...

HIPPA rights [ 3 Answers ]

Can an employer ask me for a note from my doctor after a visit?

Employee HIPPA violation [ 7 Answers ]

We have a good employee that did commit a HIPPA violation. Does the law state that we must fire her once we were made aware of the violation from the patient? If yes, how soon after we are made aware? Can we take other disciplinary actions other than firing since this is the first issue we have...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.