Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sandra Davenpor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 07:14 PM
    Real estate law question
    If neighbor placed a chain link fence on property and post are on property line but the link fence is on my property does she have the right to spray weed killer through and kill my grass and dog? In Virginia in country sub-division
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2012, 07:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra Davenpor View Post
    If neighbor placed a chain link fence on property and post are on property line but the link fence is on my property does she have the right to spray weed killer thru and kill my grass and dog? In Virginia in country sub-division
    Most of Virginia requires a fence to be setback of at least 12 inches from the real property line.

That means they can in fact spray weed killer on their fence. Being 12 inches of the property on your side is theirs too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Georgia real estate law question? [ 4 Answers ]

Our family owns 2 parcels of real estate with another family member that lives out of state. Our family has always paid the property taxes with no help from the out of state relative. However, the relative has always received any monies made from timber sales. The have reaped the benefits but...

Real estate law [ 3 Answers ]

Our town, hull ma. Put our abutters grinder pump on our property. Also the pipes are installed on our property. We were never notified nor was there an easement request to do this. We have been asking since August, 2010 to have this removed and they are somehow dragging their feet. What...

Real estate law [ 1 Answers ]

Foreclosure versus bankruptcy Which has advantages

Real Estate Law [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for the person that assumed our mortgage. I am unable to locate him through normal means. Is there away to look up records? Where do I start?

Real Estate Law [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a tenant that pays her rent late almost every month one excuses after the other. We have no lease, live in a private house in New York City. How long do I have to give Her to move out? Is it 30 days notice. What percent is legel to raise rent. Thank You

View more questions Search