Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Madbkseller Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Blurts out almost like tourette's syndrome elderly
    Help... my father-in-law had a heart attack and then bypass surgery 4 years ago. He has no working arteries in his legs, only veins. He has one "dead" kidney and has had stents put in both carotid arteries... last week we were visiting and he blurted out stuff that made no sense... kind of like tourette's syndrome. But that's not what it is. He kind of laughed and said that he had been doing that off and on and didn't know why or what it was? Is this something we should be worried about? TIA? Who knows? Help
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 06:08 PM
    You need to get him back to his cardiologist for tests. He may have had a stroke or at least brain circulation is impaired. His entire condition sounds grim but the doctor may be able to ward off further complications.
    Madbkseller Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 08:27 PM
    So, in your best opinion, it probably has something to do with lack of oxygen to the brain? He is very and I can't stress this enough VERY hard to get to the doctor. He lives in a small town where the ONLY doctor also treats all the patients at a nearby nursing home. And my father-in-law likes him and only listens to what he says. He is on about five different meds... what else could a doc do?? Still listening...
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 2, 2007, 07:55 AM
    If it is a stroke he could try to prevent additional strokes and possibly put him on oxygen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Degeorge Syndrome [ 30 Answers ]

My daughter has partial degeorge syndrome she now 13. This I know is rare. If anyone has a child who has it I would love to hear from them.

Elderly Mom with CC Debt [ 7 Answers ]

My 70+ mother has racked up a lot of credit card debt. She has no job, no money, no assets. She lives in my home. She owes more for her car than it's worth. I make the payment's for her. She get's a very small amount of SSI monthly. Other family members have advised her to file bk. She has called...

Visit the elderly [ 5 Answers ]

How about going going out and doing a visit with some of the senior citizens this week. Many don't get visited over the Holidays, and some never get visited. If you have an elderly aunt or uncle, mom or dad don't forget to give them a call. Just a little of our time can mean so much to...

Asperger's Syndrome in Adults [ 3 Answers ]

I am wondering if a person I know is an adult with Asperger's Syndrome. He has some but not all of the listed characteristics--outbursts where he expects the listener to know what he's been thinking, hypersensitivity to sound and smell, self-injurious behavior such as picking his nose and his...

Elderly woman in trouble... [ 1 Answers ]

My friend's elderly neighbor in Arkansas recently received notice that she will be evicted in 30 days. The reason is because the person she was renting from failed to pay on his mortgage. Is there anything she can do to remain in the house? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

View more questions Search