Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Missouribey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 04:10 PM
    Divorce by Publication
    How does this law work in Saint Louis Missouri if you want to do it yourself? And if it best to have a lawyer do it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 04:26 PM
    You totally misunderstand, you can not get a divorce by publication.

In fact publication is one just a form of service, If you don't know where the other party is, and can not service him or find him, you publish the case in the paper before appearing in court. ** just the publication can cost 300 to 600 dollars in some areas

After that you will have to show in court that you could not find them. And then you show your case in court.

So you will most likely need an attorney if you can't find the other party and have to use publication
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2012, 04:26 PM
    I don't know what you mean by "how does it work." What part of the process don't you understand? You'e asked about service by publication. You don't know where your spouse is?

I wouldn't do my own divorce and I work in the legal field. There are too many factors to be considered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorce by publication [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I need to publish my divorce because my husband was deported to mexico I need to know do I have to publish in the Los Angeles county where I live or in Mexico where he lives, or in San Francisco where we got married?

Writing a Publication of Divorce [ 35 Answers ]

I have been unable to serve my husband with divorce papers and my court has approved my request to have it published in a newspaper. Problem is no one seems to be able to tell me how to write it. I cannot afford a lawyer and he most likely will never even see the ad. Any suggestion?

Divorce by publication in Montana [ 1 Answers ]

I need a sample letter or template for filing for a divorce via newspaper ad.. PLEASE help!! For the state of Montana

View more questions Search