Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Consuelo Montoy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
    Coop needs a facelift, can't I require it be painted and upgraded?
    I agreed that my tenant could have chickens. He put a dilapidated chicken coop on the property. I'm willing to pay for the paint and have asked that it be painted. He says he doesn't have to make it look pretty, that it just has to be structurally sound. His words were, "You have no control over what the structure looks like, you agreed I could have chickens. It just has to be safe. I don't have to make it look pretty." My questions is this: don't I have control over what is placed on my property?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 2, 2012, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Consuelo Montoy View Post
    I agreed that my tenant could have chickens. He put a dilapidated chicken coup on the property. I'm willing to pay for the paint and have asked that it be painted. He says he doesn't have to make it look pretty, that it just has to be structurally sound. His words were, "You have no control over what the structure looks like, you agreed I could have chickens. It just has to be safe. I don't have to make it look pretty." My questions is this: don't I have control over what is placed on my property?

Does your tenant have a written lease?
    • If so, what does it say on the subject?
    • If not, your tenant is a tenant-at-will. Tell him that he will paint it to your satisfaction or leave.
    Give him the required notice, and if he hasn't complied with your wishes at the end of that time, and hasn't moved out, sue him for eviction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Did the coup that overthrew Mohammad Mosaddeq in Iran create jihadistan ? [ 20 Answers ]

Continued from another OP https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/current-events/tea-party-morons-477070-4.html Did the coup that overthrew Mohammad Mosaddeq in Iran create modern jihadistan ? No I don't think so. I believe it really began with the post WWI breakup of the Ottoman Empire.The...

Facelift for Fireplace Brick [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, Our fireplace is out dated and we want to give it a fresh look but still keep it in line with our country theme. The brick is currently a blackish reddish color with black/charcoal grout. We would like to give it an antique brick (white washed)look similar to the picture below . Has...

Silver Certificates and Fiji Shilling & War Ration Coup [ 3 Answers ]

I have three 1935 Silver Cert - 2 are 1935C in good cond and one is 1935A with Hawaii on it, also a 1957A all are $1; also have a Govern of FIJI One Shilling from 1st jan, 1942; Also have a $2 1953 B and 1976 in good condition; I have a War Ration Book No 3 with 4 full sheets of war ration...

Military coup [ 11 Answers ]

Martin Lewis a contributor of Huffingtonpost says that General Pace should lead a coup against President Bush Martin Lewis: General Pace, You Can Save the US - by Arresting Bush for "Conduct Unbecoming" - Politics on The Huffington Post Citing justification in the UCMJ he claims that...

View more questions Search