Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lgledhill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 02:22 PM
    Can my employer reduce my hourly rate because of a reconstuction of the department?
    I lost a position after 2 yrs. And 23 yrs of employment with the same company. I know that they can reduce my hours worked Daily, but can they reduce my hourly rate also? The department reconstucted and left me without a position, so they are demoting me to a lower position plus cutting my hr. pay by $2.00 per hour,plus go from a 11 month employee to 9 month employee, plus not pay me for 2 months until the other position is available. Is there anything I can do about this legally?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 2, 2012, 02:40 PM
    Not unless you have a contract or are in a union.
    deville p Posts: 78, Reputation: 5

Jul 2, 2012, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Not unless you have a contract or are in a union.
    Unfortunately they can lay you off. The economy is bad, hold your head up and be thankful you still have a job. Money is not everything you will make it I promise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My employer keeps trying to get me to work for a flat rate, which is 1/3 of my hourly [ 1 Answers ]

I am a truck driver for a moving company. We have one account that regularly takes 12 hours to complete and most of the time it is on Sunday, which would be overtime. I used to just punch in and do it as a normal day of work, but about a month ago, my employer said I could no longer do it on the...

Hourly Rate for Bookkeeping [ 9 Answers ]

A friend of a friend is just starting up a construction company and has asked me to do his book keeping. Although I have never actually worked as a bookkeeper, bookkeeping has been an aspect for several of my jobs giving me about 12 years experience. While he is starting up the company, he...

Daycare hourly rate [ 5 Answers ]

In general what do you suppose the daycare will charge you By the hour. Someone told me even on a weekly arrangement if you do not bring in the child for one day you still have to pay for the whole week.

Calculating hourly rate [ 1 Answers ]

An employee gets pay $1352.50 bi-monthly. How do you calculate the hourly rate? School employee that only works 184 days a year. Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Hourly rate of a salaried employee [ 2 Answers ]

I am needing to figure out an employee's hourly rate by taking his total income from last year, and divide or multiply it by 52 and times or divide by 12... HELP I can't figure out the math... :eek:

View more questions Search