Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bioLarzen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 12:20 PM
    Is my Hyundai 7-inch portable LCD mini TV IPTV-compatible?
    Hi,
    I have purchased a 7-inch mini LCD TV that has a HDMI-slot. I asked the guy in the shop if I can connect it to my IPTV set top box with a HDMI-cable and watch TV, he said I can. Well, I couldn't. The set top box, the HDMI-cable and the signal all work OK ( I connected the set top box to a large size TV via the same cable and it worked). There isn't anything suspicious about the mini TV either, it turns on runs the initial setup all right, it even found me a channel when its own aerial was connected and played it all right. But when the set top box is connected to it via the HDMI cable, it doesn't seem to recognize it. I've gone through what the manual tells me to do several times, but to no avail.

So, my question is: is it probably some malfunction of the device, or could it be that there's no problem with it, it's just that this mini TV isn't meant to play IPTV in the first place?

The device I'm talking about is this:

Hyundai PDL 783 UHD DVBT

The problem is that this mini TV seems to be a lesser known model and I can't find any useful info. Most of what I can find online is in Polish. This is one such page, you can use Google Translate to see the technical specs:

Hyundai PDL 783 UHDDVBT | Hyundai electronics

I hope someone has the answer, so I'll know if I should continue trying or should I just take it back to the store.

Gábor
    From Hungary, Europe
    bioLarzen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 12:22 PM
    Sorry, I made a typo: it's not an LCD TV, it's a LED TV, of course...

Bio

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My vaio and Samsung lcd didn't compatible [ 2 Answers ]

Hi 2years ago I had a problem between sony vaio & Samsung Lcd TV. However I solved the problem. My laptop was making grinding noise I thought might be problem in fan. Lastweek my hard drive repaired so it was replaced by new one and fan was cleand up after that vaio and Samsung lcd didn't...

New faucet (sprayer) not compatible with portable dishwasher. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a new faucet with a pull-out sprayer. Didn't even think about the fact that my portable dishwasher would not be compatible with the sprayer. What are my options for solving this problem? I've already installed the faucet. http://www.flickr.com/photos/43126866@N06/5061691990/ ...

My vaio and Samsung lcd didn't compatible [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have the same problem and I didn't manage to solve it ! When I try to connect my Sony Vaio laptop (VGN-FJ1Z/W) to my Samsung LCD TV (LE37A556P1F) through VGA cable, it appears that the TV receive no signal : in the sources menu of the TV, the PC source is disabled. However the laptop...

Portable 18-inch dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

Which make/model of portable 18-inch dishwasher washes best and is quiet and reliable? :confused:

View more questions Search