Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Smartinez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 05:04 PM
    Is it a good idea for foster care for my situation?
    I am about to turn 16 years old. My family has always had issues with so many things. Money has always been a big one. My dad has a drinking issue & I think a mental issue as well. He uses most of his money for cars & beer. He doesn't like using his money to provide for me though. I haven't been to the dentist in years, nor eye doctor. I tell him I really need to go, but he won't do it. He hits me on certain occasions when I try to stand up for myself, & I am at a point where I don't know where to turn. I don't feel safe around him, & I'm afraid he will severely hurt me one day. My mom is just about as worse as my dad is. She can't provide for me, & she does absolutely nothing in her power to stop my dad. She uses him for money sometimes, & I can't stop any of this. Even though they are separated, I feel unsafe in both homes. It gets worse & worse as time goes by, & I have no relatives to go to. My mom was an only child, & my dad's side of the family lives in mexico. I have been considering foster care for years now & I want to know, is foster care the best idea for my situation?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2012, 05:06 PM
    If foster care is the only place you will be safe, yes, foster care is the best option for you.

Foster care certainly comes with problems but, yes, you'd be safe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a blog to vent a good idea? Bad idea? Other ideas? Suggestions? [ 13 Answers ]

If you've seen my other question, then you know I've had some drama lately.. Well concerning that post I will say, things settled out. Well.. more of, she read my journal that morning while I took my regents test and found out that I thought I liked her. Today, we discussed that. She doesn't...

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

View more questions Search