Ask
    ang21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Modern toilet cistern
    Cistern not filling up
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 09:43 PM
    I have no idea what you are talking about do you care to tell more about your situation??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 10:32 PM
    When the arm with the ball falls, the other end rises leaving water come out. If it doesn't, you need to check the incoming line. The valve on the arm could be bad too. Not much of a deal to repair or replace. Finding the right parts may be tough. You may have to replace everything from where the water come sin to the arm. Only a cheapskate like Labman would mess around trying to fix the old one.
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 11:38 PM
    [chuckles at letmetellu]
    A cistern is a vessel that holds water. This cistern is on a toilet. A modern toilet at that. Folks inside the border usually don't call it a cistern, we call it a tank.
    The cistern filler upper is likely clogged with residue or debris, or someone may have turned the valve off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modern Day Sexuality [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, I wasn't sure whether this is the right place to put it, but this is indeed a discussion, not a question. So I guess I haven't strayed too far Has anyone noticed the bahaviour of teenage females in the last say... decade or maybe less It seems like more and more girls are becoming bi-sexual...

Modern Home Offices [ 4 Answers ]

Like a lot of modern home offices, my office tends to have a number of electronic devices (e.g multiple computers, monitors, printers, shredders, etc). Only recently have I begun to question the amount of power being drawn by each device. My problem being that a few times a day the 15A...

Slow filling toilet cistern [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, we have a push button toilet which has just started to fill really slowly. Inside, there looks like there's a plastic arm with one end stopping a jet of water and the other end pivoting on the float. The end that stops the jet of water is hissing water out of the top whilst there's just a...

Toilet Cistern-numerous tries to flush [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I have to crank the flush lever several times before my toilet flushes. A neighbour suggested that the "plastic flap valve" inside te siphon needs replcing. Can anyone confirm if this is the probable cause and if so how would I go about doing this? Any help appreciated. :confused:

Toilet Cistern Not Filling [ 6 Answers ]

Today a neighbour was having some plumbing work done in his house, he wasn't sure which was his Stop **** so he turned ours off as a process of elimination. Not a problem. He turns it off and our water stops, turns it back on again and the water works again, surprise, surprise. A short time...

View more questions Search