Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackey23lani Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2012, 12:47 PM
    Nj eviction
    I have recetly moved in to a house in nj. The state was suppose to help me pay the rent. But now they won't for June and July. The landlord had someone here before me who trashed the house. I took several pictures. Their was dead mice and alive mice every where, along with 100s of roaches alive and dead every where. I paid for bombs and got rid of al bugs and mice. I also painted and cleaned the house out. (Their was mold food floors filled with trash layers of scum on everything) I spent the whole month of April and may fixing this house up. My boyfriend and I spent at least 5 hrs a day for 2 months. We moved in on June 1st. But the repairs still needed to be done. There is 13 different things that need to be fixed still. Some of the repairs are scary because my 4yr old daughter my boyfriend and I get shocked in the bathroom. And a lot of the outlets spark. Only thing the landlord did do is the carpet and kitichen floors. For everything I did he took 500 off the rent. And that was for paint and cleaning suplies. I spent 500 alone. So I basically did everything for free. Now I have recently found out that the state will not help me. So we need to pay for June and July. He had said he would take 500 off for what we did. And then there was about 200 in other stuff he had me buy that he said he would take off the rent. So for June I owe 500. I talked to him and asked if I could give him 300 for June and then the 1st week of July id give him the other 200 and like 400 more torward July. And do payments for July. The state will pick up rent for aug and so on including security dep. And he was fine withit. Now out of no where because his mother said no and she is the home owner. They want me to pay the 500 for June. 1200 for July. And security deposite tomorrow. And I don't have it. I only have the 300 that I told him id have. He said that is I don't I have to move. We never signed a lease. I honestly don't know what to do. I feel as if I got used. I made this house look brand new. And spent soooo much time on the house and the repairs still ain't fixed. And now he is kicking me out. Wat do I do??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2012, 12:52 PM
    Yep you got used. You should have never done this work without some assurances in writing.

The thing is, if this placement was done by the state, he may not be able to evict you. Have you talked with your case worker? If he files for eviction and you go to court, you may get to stay.

Jul 1, 2012, 12:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Yep you got used. You should have never done this work without some assurances in writing.

The thing is, if this placement was done by the state, he may not be able to evict you. Have you talked with your case worker? If he files for eviction and you go to court, you may get to stay.
    I'm not sure if I should give him the 300. Or just tell him to take me to court. He also drove by yesterday and me, my boyfriend, my kid, my girlfriend, her boyfriend and their 2 kids were sitting outside. And he said I was having all these people paring outside the house. Yea the 2 men did have a beer. But us girls r pregnant. And the kids were their. N he was like its no working out she has to go. That's what he said to my aunt. Who lives outback for years
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2012, 01:00 PM
    First this is a Q&A site. We type in full words and sentences here. I can barely understand your last post. But you are allowed to have friends visit.

As for paying the $300 I would put it in a separate account and be ready to turn it over if ordered by a court. And again, talk to your case worker.

What does your aunt have to do with anything?

Jul 1, 2012, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First this is a Q&A site. We type in full words and sentences here. I can barely understand your last post. But you are allowed to have friends visit.

As for paying the $300 I would put it in a separate account and be ready to turn it over if ordered by a court. And again, talk to your case worker.

what does your aunt have to do with anything?
    Sorry my writing skills are not all that great. But my aunt is the one who got me the house. He contacts her and complains to her instead of contacting me. No one understands why he does that. OK thank you that is what I was planning on doing with all the money instead of ding payments since he doesn't want that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eviction for Ex [ 1 Answers ]

Can one evict a husband out of premarital property that he has not contributed to any payements, during divorce proceedings. He is living there for 1.5 years, while I live with my parents and pay 1900.00 a month for the mortgage/assessments.

Eviction in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

I live in NJ. I live in a house that is registered as a vacation or second home for my mother. I was given the house by verbal agreement of my now deceased Dad and Mom. I rcently got in to an argument w/ my mother and she told to get out. I don't have a lease nor do I pay rent as per their request....

VA eviction notice.can we pay and stop the eviction [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his wife are living in VA in a rental house. Rent is due the 1st with a 5 day grace period. When they realized they weren't going to be have money for rent until the 18th (wife is a teacher and that is her monthly payday) she called the rental agent and explained. She was told that as...

Eviction in nj [ 10 Answers ]

Any advice would be great. My fiancé and I purchased a house on Nov 30th. We had intentions of maintaining the rental property until the end of the lease and had kept up all utilities etc. Almost all belongings remained and someone was at the house at least once every day or night. On Jan 2nd...

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

View more questions Search