Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaseyHarg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 03:04 PM
    Two Story House Water Tapping Sounds
    I have a new two story house. When ever we run the water upstairs we hear water tappings sounds coming from the floor joist space between the first and second floors. We have been in this house for 1 1/2 years and there is no leaks that we can see. The sound typically starts a few seconds after turning the water on upstairs and lasts for a minute or so even though the water is still running.

What would be causing this sound?
    jomaamoj Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyHarg
    I have a new two story house. When ever we run the water upstairs we hear water tappings sounds coming from the floor joist space between the first and second floors. We have been in this house for 1 1/2 years and there is no leaks that we can see. The sound typically starts a few seconds after turning the water on upstairs and lasts for a minute or so even though the water is still running.

What would be causing this sound?
    You have air in your water lines it sounds like the plumbing connected to your faucets on the 2nd floor were installed without air chambers
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 11:03 PM
    Lol @ air in the lines
    It is likely that you have squeeky pipes that are rubbing on the wood as the pipes expand from the heat that is passing through it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rushing Water Sounds in Plumbing [ 9 Answers ]

I have been experiencing intermittent rushing water sounds in one specific location in my plumbing. I used to get this, which sounds exactly like my sprinkler system turning on (even when it is not), only occasionally. Last night, it started making the noise every 5-10 minutes. The rushing sound...

Water line replacement = entire house low water pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a water line break in my front yard. The city replaced the line but ever since (immediately following the water being turned back on) the water pressure has been significantly lower throughout the house in both the hot and cold. I checked and the valve is completely open so I am...

Fake zoning in two story house. [ 3 Answers ]

So I have the relatively common problem of non-uniform heating/cooling in my house and I'd like some input on how to make the best of the situation. I've put up with it for a couple years, but now, I'm at my breaking point. Basics: I have a 1600 sq ft, 15 year old, two story house with a...

Horn sounds /water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... trumpet sounds are heard every time we flush, turn on the water etc. It is getting worse. What is the problem and can we fix it? Teddybear42

Tapping a gas line [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to tap into a gas line to tee off for another appliance? Two story house with the main living area upstairs. Garage is under the front half of the house, which is the living room and kitchen. Here's why I ask. My main gas line (3/4" black iron) travels across my garage ceiling...

View more questions Search