Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    11 years younger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Jealousy, Trust & Living apart
    I have been seeing my boyfriend for 2.5 years now. I used to work with him and did not realise he had a girlfriend the first time he asked me out. After the 2nd date (when he told me), I was already hooked.

He said his last relationship was a brother/sister relationship and that the lust had died long before he asked me out (he says he never even loved her) - but that he hadn't felt able to leave her because she had bulimia.

After 2 months he gently finished with her (after 4 years together) and we became a couple. 2.5 years, ups and downs later and we are still together.

I have difficulty trusting him as I know he is still in touch with his ex (only as friends he says) and because I saw him cheating the last time. We live 40 minutes away from each other and only see each other on a Sat/ Sun. For all I know, he could be doing anything when he doesn't see me.

He is 11 years older than me, never married, no kids and in a good job. I wonder whether he has any intentions to move in with me as I feel dissatisfied with this part time deal. I worry that I will seek comfort elsewhere, which I don't want to do.

He says he loves me and it will last forever but he doesn't want to rush this. Be patient he tells me.

Is he going to alter his single ways (38 yrs old) or am I fighting a losing battle? How long do I wait in hope?

Please help
    X
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 12:38 AM
    It's hard to say for sure but I'd lean on the side of him not wanting to get serious. From his point of view I wouldn't be in a hurry to give up a good job. But if you are willing to move to where he lives and he still has hesitations then I would suspect he might have you as a weekend project.

I also think you have a right not to trust him even if he did end his relationship with the other woman he still cheated on her. If he didn't love her as he claims then the only reason he kept her around was as a back up plan for something better. After using her for 4 years he found you. So that tells you he is not above stringing someone along for a great length of time to get his way. To me that just isn't trustworthy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rights in Viewing Will/Living Trust [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend (female) that was living with a guy for over a year and between them they had a child. The guy found out that he had cancer so he assured my friend that he would make sure that there was a fund set aside for his daughter. The guy died a week ago. There was no mention in the obituary...

How to file if married & living in a foreign country [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am an American citizen who has been living in South Africa for the last 7 years. I have just discovered that I need to submit an IRS tax return for the last year. I have also married a South African citizen last year. Neither of us has any income from the US. My question is how should...

Living Situations & The Money [ 4 Answers ]

My Mom left my Father a year ago, however she never asked for child support. To keep peace within my family I juggled living back and forth between my parents. Now after a year I have come to the decision that I can not live with my Father. All he cares about is the money. He makes my Mother split...

Wealth transfer & QTIP trust [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: When my friends husband died in January 2003, his will provided for the establishment of a QTIP trust. She was named to receive income from the trust for her lifetime with their children named as remainder beneficiaries. She has substantial other assets and income sources and does not...

View more questions Search