Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jyl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 05:59 PM
    Red bump on goldfish
    I have a 900 gallons of fish pond in Florida. It has been 6 years raising my goldfish from 2 inches long to 7 t0 14 inches long now. They have been very healthy in the well water pond. Never had to use any medication until now I notice one of them have red bump on the side. But is seems to be active and eats well. My friend suggests I should use water softener salt for preventive measure.

Another gold fish has some scales turned white.

Most recently I have for the firs time used two new products:
    1. the ULTRA CLEAR SST (www.ultraclear.com) with live bacteria for clarifying cloudy water.
    2. the MICROBE-LIFT (www.microbelift.com) for flocculanting the water.

I wondered if these two treatments caused the above problem?

Appreciate your help ASAP.
    Thanks
    JYL

Check out some similar questions!

Red bump-white bump in labia minora [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I've surfed through this site trying to find a solution, but haven't come across one, so I hope you can help me. Every few months I get a small pin-prick sized red raised dot on the outside of my right labia minora. It's mostly benign in feeling, but occasionally feels irritated. In...

Our goldfish has a bump after being sick [ 2 Answers ]

We have 4 goldfish in are tank that are now rather large. One of them started swimming upside down and sideways a few days ago. We separated him and fed him a couple peas (which was suggested for swimbladder). He started swimming upright again yesterday, but now has a very noticeable red bump on...

Red bump on side of goldfish [ 15 Answers ]

I just noticed today that 1/5 of my golfish has a big bump on the side of it with red tones underneath it (the size of a big pimple!). I have 5 golfish in a 33 galon tank and the remaining fish look fine. The fish with the bump is active and eating as normal - no signs of distress. What could this...

Fantail goldfish has swollen bump behind her gill [ 5 Answers ]

She has the bump for 2 weeks now. Initially she is still very active and eats well. And now, she still eats well but sits at the bottom of the tank most of the time. We tried Epsom salt for 1 day then switched to aquarium salt after talking to the aquarium staff. We started the Internal...

Red Gills on my goldfish looks like blood! [ 2 Answers ]

1 of my goldfish has red on its gills and it looks like blood! It keeps on going to the surface to gasp for air and it has been eating less. I have 2 goldfish and they share one tank, but the other one seems fine! How do I cure the other one? Please answer quickly!!

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.