Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachels1993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 06:42 AM
    Advice about a relationship with my fiancé in prison?
    Well first of all I'm Scottish and my fiancée is in Perth prison and he is looking at 2-3 years for attempting to use, and assault. He has anger problems which started when he was 12 when he lost his best friend and he blames himself for it.

And he wants the help but the past few days I keep asking myself does he still love me? Is this normal to think this because he's locked up or what. I'm scared of losing this guy cause he's told me he wants to be with me when he's out of prison?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 30, 2012, 07:33 AM
    10's of thousand of women ( and men) wait faithfully at home, going to visit and writing all the time to their love one while in prison.

Has he harmed you ? If he anger is bad why did you stay with him before ?
    What is the plan for him to get help and change when he gets out.

Prison promises are worthless, no one in prison is guilty, and everyone will change and they will promise you everything while they are in. What they were to you before they went in, is where you are at.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2012, 12:16 PM
    Who did he assault?
    I would advice you to stay well clear of this guy;he's in prison for a reason.

Let it go and take care of yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 30, 2012, 01:58 PM
    I think it best to carry on with your life, and see who he is when he comes out of prison. That long in jail can change him, for better or worse, and he will probably say anything to keep touch with the outside world, or people who can help him get through this.

You need to recognize this, and be a friend if you want, but make no commitments to anything that far in the future. Doesn't matter what he says as they are but hopeful words, until he gets out, and puts positive actions behind them.

Only then will you know for sure what he is about, or if he can be believed. Maybe he learns a lesson, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he gets the right help, maybe he doesn't. Live your life and see what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The guy I like at work has a fiancé and two kids. Advice? [ 4 Answers ]

It seems I am on the verge of breaking quite a lot of "rules" here and I need some advice. I got hired at a restaurant a year ago and developed a crush on one of the cooks. At the time, that was all it was: a crush on someone I didn't know. Then, as the months went by, I did get to know him and...

Any advice for a federal inmate requesting a transfer to a prison nearer to home? [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any advice you might have for a fed inmate who is considering making a request for transfer to a prison nearer to home? Are there any particular factors or points that an inmate's case worker is going to look for when considering an inmate's request for transfer? In their transfer request...

Worried about relationship with fiance' [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new here and I don't have anyone to turn to with my worries. I've been going out with this guy for 4 years. He's been wonderful to me and being a sweet guy, until his sudden passion for religion. He now wants to become a preacher and is now working on a degree on it. Now, this...

View more questions Search