Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steveball_99 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2012, 05:58 AM
    what force is required to move a revolve weighing 1.5 tonne 6 m diameter
    I have a revolving table running on rubber rollers (For quietness) measuring 6 metres in diameter. I curently drive it with a 2.2kw electric motor through a reduction gearbox via an inverter. The Drive wheel is a solid rubber tyre moulded on a steel wheel mounted on the output shaft of the gearbox.

Used in a theatre up to twenty people can stand on the revolve at ony one time and to calculate the weight I have used 20 x 75 kg per person giving me 1.5 tonne.

Naturally there is friction to consider increased by the weight of the load and also the weight of the revolve to consider.

What I need to do is to size a rotary encoded servo motor in order to successfully operate this revolve to better use by ensuring I can stop position it via the rotary encoder attached to the drive. I believe this would start the revolve better and of course ramp the revolve down to a stop point a lot mor efficiently than the inverter does currently. (A bit hit and miss on the stops etc).

I intend to put a gear drive around the edge of the revolve to reduce the slip grip problem.

Cheers in advance if one or two could help.

Check out some similar questions!

Water passes along the hose of diameter 2.5 cm and out through nozzle of end diameter [ 14 Answers ]

Water passes along the hose of diameter 2.5 cm and out through nozzle of end diameter 1 cm at a rate of 2kg/s. Density of water is 1000Kgm-3 (a) Calculate volume flow rate (b) Find speeds of water as it passes through pipe and out of nozzle? (c) calculate rate of change of momentum of water along...

What is the cost of manufacturing one tonne bread [ 1 Answers ]

I Wish to start a bakery unit manufacturing unit of daily one tonne .what will it cost me in india , raw material+labour+administration cost

What is the Force required to get a stationary object moving? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a circular roll of paper that is 53" in diameter and weighs 2300 lbs. I am trying to determine the force required to start the roll of paper moving on a dry concrete floor. Let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Force required to move on ice [ 2 Answers ]

How can a person stranded on a perfectly smooth block of ice get to the corner?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.