Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    someonesmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 04:31 PM
    a/c tripping breaker in the morning
    We replaced the breaker and still had the problem so called a/c man and he added a hard start and replaced bad circuits but we still have a problem. He said the next step is a condenser, of course I want to check that before I dish out his quoted $1900 since he swore the previous hundreds would solve the problem.

It only trips in the morning around 9 or 10 am. We keep the a/c set at 75, when I turned it down to 73, those 2 days it didn't trip at all but at 74 it tripped again this morning. It's a 9 yr old outside unit, the inside is on a separate breaker. a/c man thought it was from turning off and then turning back on so soon and the pressure not having a chance to go down first. He said the circuits would fix that and the hard start would furthur prevent it. I really don't have $1900 to spend so hoping there's an easier (iow cheaper) fix but will spend it if I have to and my family will just live on ramen
    thermalmedics Posts: 153, Reputation: 13

Jun 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
    Keep after it. His suggestions although solid, still aren't getting it done it sounds like.

If it is intermittent like that - check the wiring

Look for a frayed wire anywhere downstream from the breaker.

Disconnect hook ups
    Wire terminals, etc

If a hard start didn't do the trick than go after wires.

Ask him or the next competent tech what the amp draw at start up is on that compressor with the hard start kit on it. That should tell it all if it really is going bad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaker keeps tripping [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane air handler 2 ton with electric heat and every time the heater kicks off it trips my breaker

Breaker Tripping [ 2 Answers ]

I have just converted to electric after gas and run a new cable from the meter box to the sub board in the house but now the meter box house power keeps tripping out the breaker in the meter box for the house power when I hook up the black wire from the new wiring into the black link box in the...

Gfci breaker + outlet in same circuit.breaker tripping [ 4 Answers ]

I have a gfci breaker for a bathroom and there is an additional gfci outlet in the bathroom on the same circuit. The breaker was tripping intermittently over the past week and now will not re-engage. Should I suspect a faulty breaker or is it better to troubleshoot the circuit first? The...

Breaker not tripping [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My lights in my son's room went out when I turned off a floor lamp, the light bulb made a flash as if it burned out. About one second after I turned off the lamp the lights went out in his neighboring bathroom and his room. The breaker is not tripped but the lights won't turn on there is...

Breaker keeps tripping [ 1 Answers ]

We have recently purchesed a Vits spa from some one. When we did we replaced the heat element . It has worked well for the last 6 weeks but now it it tripping the breaker on the heater. Any suggestions.

View more questions Search