Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 3, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sassypea
    em, I think God would be an excellent career for me to pursue. perhaps those with the nasty comments could offer advice as to how I might get into such a position?

Or should I just google it?
    Your arrogance is only overwhelmed by your sarcasm.
    To be God, you must exude charisma and people all around must admire and trust you. I don't see that happening. I know people who have turned many calendars but don't really have a clue. I sure if we think about it, we all know someone like this. And then I've met people much younger than myself (the big five-O this year) who have lived a much richer life than many will ever see. Keep your mind open and you can learn from both
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 3, 2007, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    I am kind of surprised by the nasty remarks, too...
    Sassypea's responses start passive-aggressive and moves to being outright arrogant.

Take a closer look at Post #3 in this thread. Sassypea's response ends by "sticking it" to the questioner. Follow that pattern of behaviour down... to "Or should I just Google it?".

A key factor in dealing with people is knowing that how you impact responses from people by your communication style.

Sassypea has the potential to be a great life coach, but still has a lot of work and studying to do before that can happen.
    sassypea Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 3, 2007, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by phillysteakandcheese
    Sassypea's responses start passive-aggressive and move to being outright arrogant.
    I was attacked, what would you expect?

Take a closer look at Post #3 in this thread. Sassypea's response ends by "sticking it" to the questioner. Follow that pattern of behaviour down... to "Or should I just Google it?".
    again, I was just following titt for tatt. I'm not going to just sit around and let people call me immature when my very first post simply asked where to get started. And I was questioned in my ability to be a coach.

Yup, got a little snarky. Had fun too. You have no idea what I do professionally now so you really don't know if my comments are geniunely me or if I am someone in their 20's, or if I'm just trying to hit back. One must be a bit of a chameleon to be able to read others well, I think. One must also have a quick wit and be able to think on their toes to give good advice. Just because I would rather not put up with the potential abuse of those not interested in answering my question does not make me arrogant.

And wanting to be God was me having some fun with Em's comments. My goodness, do you honestly think I could jump so easily between being a life coach and God? You take things entirely too seriously.

A key factor in dealing with people is knowing that how you impact responses from people by your communication style.
    Oh I knew. I just didn't expect to be jumped all over because I took offense to being called immature or, god forbid, asking a question on how to do something on a BB specifically made for asking how to do something.

Sassypea has the potential to be a great life coach, but still has a lot of work and studying to do before that can happen.
    EXACTLY! I'm the first to admit it. Oh wait, I WAS the first to admit it when I asked the question in the first place on where to get started and I was attacked for being too young.

And we come back full circle.

Look, I never said I knew it all. I said I wanted to know where to start. Because I'm sarcastic, arrogant and uneducated NOW doesn't mean I can't be a good coach later. Isn't that the whole point of time, growing up, and life? We learn new things as we go along. We help each other out. Any of this ring any bells?

May 3, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    You never stated where you were (age, background) so you led others to make assumptions in that regard. I thought my last post was good advice to see a college counselor. I didn't know that you were already attending college. I wish you would have been more clear from the start. We can achieve the goals we set for ourselves in life. Good luck.
    I chose not to give out personal information. I did not believe that it was necessary in determining where to start on the path.

I'm only a few classes into school and again, did not think that such a little amount of college was necessary to disclose. At this point I could change my major to accounting and it wouldn't make a difference.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 11:05 AM
    "how old are you? I would not want someone 30 years old as a life coach."

That's the post that you felt attacked you?

May 3, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Actually, not really that one.

But this one

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Good luck with your career choice with this kind of communication skills.:rolleyes:
    Oh and how about that one

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    Now the real question is why have you decided on this activity when you have no knowledge what is expected ??
    My whole point was to get an idea of where to start and I was questioned and told why I can't be a coach.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 3, 2007, 11:23 AM
    But you told that poster that her response was useless, you think that's a good way to communicate with people on a forum?
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

May 3, 2007, 01:04 PM
    To be honest, I would expect better... of a life coach.

You were not attacked. The poster simply stated their opinion... They didn't call you arrogant. Didn't call you unqualified. Didn't even call you immature... Just said they weren't sure about the age they would prefer to see someone in that job. You projected more into the comment than was there.

I was just following titt for tatt...
    This is simply an excuse you use to dodge responsibility for your passive-agressive escalation. Your "snarky" responses attracted even more negativity to you... Don't you see that?

Perhaps you felt the first reply was implying you didn't have the potential. Okay, fair enough... However -
    • It was you that went on the defensive.
    • It was you that took the first "jab" when the mere question of age was asked.
    • It is you that continues to be putting up the fight to "defend yourself".

To your original question - I think this thread is a good "jumping off" point for you.

Go back and really consider your responses and what your part was in generating the negative comments to yourself. Look at your own attitude, and what you are projecting on to others. And look back again next month, next year, and if the site is still around... in 5 or 10 years.

May 3, 2007, 01:41 PM
    You may feel that I wasn't attacked but I do.

I'll go back and read it but only if I feel like it. You're not the boss of me.

May 3, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    But you told that poster that her response was useless, you think that's a good way to communicate with people on a forum?
    Sure, when the answer doesn't answer my question it's useless to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Life in heaven or life on earth? [ 21 Answers ]

Given a choice of living forever in perfect health on a paradise earth or living forever in heaven as a spirit, which would you choose?

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

Don't really know what to do with my life [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have just received my A level results (qualifications that lead to university for those non-UK people out there) and they were not what I had expected. I got BBC bit needed to get AAB to secure my place to do Optometry at Cardiff University. I am going to retake my A levels to get the right...

View more questions Search