Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    david357 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Frigidaire refrigerator model fst21hs8ks3 freezer not freezing
    Ice maker not working had ice forming on back walls and replaced defrost timer now frige or freezer getting cold blowing warm air
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2012, 10:13 AM
    My guess would be that the defrost heater and defrost terminator is bad, or a bad thermostat. The defrost heater is at the bottom of the coils in the freezer and the terminator is attached to that and clipped on the side of the coils toward the top. To test the heater you need to totally defrost the freezer then remove the cover to the freezer coils (unplug your refrigerator) and you will see the defrost heater with a wire out each end. Test that with an ohm meter and you should have about 300 ohms or so. If you read infinity, it's bad. The terminator is attached to the heater and wired in series with it. Replacing these parts will give you a new defrost system. Next, make sure to pull out unit from wall and remove front kick plate and slide out the defrost drain pan, then remove rear cover. You will see the condenser fan and the coils which you need to clean with spray cleaner and a spray of water from a water hose nozzle. Make sure to clean all of this well, then you can vacuum up water with a wet-vac. Here are some manuals: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/Fri...rigerators.zip The thermostat can also be tested with the meter and it will either read zero or infinity. Does the compressor run?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Frigidaire freezer not freezing model # ffu2065fw3 [ 5 Answers ]

Frigidaire freezer model # ffu2065fw3 alarm went off and is not cooling... added freon and still not cooling... any ideas?

Frigidaire freezer stopped freezing; refrigerator still working... [ 1 Answers ]

Early this morning the freezer portion of my side-by-side Frigidaire stopped freezing. The refrigerated side appears to be the normal temperature. We have taken the back off and cleaned everything we can reach thoroughly. The compressor is warm to the touch but not hot. I can hear it start to run...

Refrigerator freezing things and freezer barely freezing items [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Maytag MFF2557HEW, French doors on top and Freezer on bottom. We have freezer set at 7 and refrigerator set at 1. We cannot use veggie drawers because it freezes everything in them. We have to put all veggies and fruits on the shelves. Ice cream remains soft in the freezer, but meats...

Frigidaire Refrigerator/Freezer not cooling/freezing [ 14 Answers ]

We have a Frigidaire refridg/freezer side by side that's 5 or so years old... model # FRS26LF8CWO... It stopped cooling and freezing a few days ago... fans are running... Condenser is almost hot to the touch... I vacuumed coils and fans best I could... Condenser sounds like it wants to run but...

Freezer NOT freezing. Refrigerator is OK. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Magic Chef refrigerator/freezer CTN1911GEW. The refrigerator on the bottom is at the correct temperature. But the freezer at the top is defrosting the food. The fan in the freezer is working. How can I get my freezer to work right again? Please advise. Many thanks Michel

View more questions Search