Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimmy180 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2004, 04:12 AM
    Email sending problem
    I have been unable to send emails for some time. I'm using windowsxp with avg anti-virus also ad-aware and a spyhunter program. My isp.(tesco) advised that avg was the problem, but disabling same made no difference.
    I have a feeling in attempting to send a number of photos I blocked my out-going mail. I don't know if that is possible, but if so, can one clear a blocking email? The error no is :- ox800ccc60. Any advice appreciated.
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 22, 2004, 04:19 AM
    Which program are you using for Email?
    If it is outlook, you can simply delete all outgoing mail from within outlook itself.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2004, 06:37 AM
    Email
    Hi,
    Open Outlook, if that is what you have, and then open the Outbox folder.
    Delete all in there.

Also, look at your configurations for email; hopefully, you wrote them down wile configuring your email.

Here is a great free program, that stops Spyware from coming into your computer in the first place:

Check it out at CNET at link:

http://www.download.com/SpywareBlast...ml?tag=lst-0-2

Two Tips:
    If you notice the little green computer lights that show your dial-up connection to the internet staying on when they shouldn't be, located on the bottom right of the system tray, disconnect immediately and run AdAware. These lights staying on means that some URL is sending or receiving spyware/advertising ware to or from your computer, most of the time.

Other Tip: After being on the net, if you have visited any sites you don't really trust, then run AdAware BEFORE you shut down or re-start the computer. This will delete any Spyware easier, before the computer can configure it, set it up, spread it throughout the Registry, and make it more difficult to remove after re-booting.

There is a better antivirus program than AVG, according to other users...

Advast free Antivirus Program
    http://www.download.com/Avast-Home-E...ml?tag=lst-0-3

Merry Christmas,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sending photos via email [ 4 Answers ]

Recipients have difficulty opening photo attachments or say they take whole page or 2 pages. My OS is Windows SE, 500Mhz, 191Mb Ram, 14 GB available hard drive, have comcast cable and Outlook Express 6.0 Isave photos as jpg files, either scanning in or using card reader for my memory card from my...

Sending email [ 2 Answers ]

Until recently I have been able to open "My documents"- double click on a picture or file and then be able to click on: file-send-page by email. Then I could send from my isp address to my hotmail and Yahoo accounts. I am no longer able to do this. I am not sure what or how it was changed. I have...

Sending music by email [ 7 Answers ]

I want to send a song from my music library on my computer. I want to send this so that it plays in my email. How can I do this.

Sending music through email [ 1 Answers ]

How do we send a song to friend through email?

Sending attachments in email [ 2 Answers ]

I scanned an article to a friend in email. It came through way too large in the body of her letter. When she tried clicking onto the pprclip to copy, nothing happened. What needs to be done on my end when I send an attachment so my scans show up normal printable size in the body of emails? I...

View more questions Search