Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heathercleveland Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Clomid, provera, and clomid again
    I've had PCOS since puberty. My average was one period a year. I am now 25 and DH and I are Trying to conceive. The doctor put me on provera to bring AF around the clomid 3-7. Here's the part that confuses me... I am supposed to take clomid again 4 weeks after the first day of AF. Am I supposed to get AF? Am I suuposed to take provera. The nurse said to just take clomid. I am worried about the provera... do I need to take it? Why am I taking the clomid again? Is this normal?:confused:
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 1, 2007, 12:56 PM
    You take the provera to start your cycle. Clomid helps you to ovulate. Since you typically only have one cycle per year your doctor is trying to help you to ovulate. Take the provera until they are gone (7 days?) and you should get your period within 1 day to a week after finishing the provera. The day you start your period start taking the clomid, and continue to do so for four weeks. Good luck on getting pregnant!
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Provera helps you get your period. Once that starts, clomid helps you to ovulate. I think that clomid is only supposed to be taken for 5 days but you'll have to check with your doctor.

The first day of your period is day 1 of your cycle. So take the clomid on days 3 through 7. Starting around day 10, start having sex every other day all the way through at least day 22 and longer if you can handle it. :)

If you haven't gotten your period again by day 28 do a pregnancy test. If it's negative and you haven't gotten your period by day 32, do another test. If it's still negative call your doctor and ask if you should start provera again. DO NOT TAKE PROVERA AGAIN until you check with your doctor!

Also you should be charting your temperature every morning as soon as you wake up, before getting out of bed. When you ovulate your temp will drop and then the next day it will shoot up over your average temp. That's when you know you've ovulated.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 1, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I agree with everything Lisa said except for the Clomid only being taken for 5 days. My sister-in-law has had fertility issues for years. She usually takes Clomid for about three months before they start her on something else. She doesn't have the money to continue with fertility treatments for too long, so they have had to start and stop the process a few times over the last couple of years.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Mar 1, 2007, 05:49 PM
    Hmmm... every time I took Clomid (I think it was about 10-12 times) it was always for 5 days at a certain point in my cycle. I guess different doctors use different methods.
    heathercleveland Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 10:37 AM
    No... in 4 weeks I am to take clomid again for 5 days
    mommyoffourandttc Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jul 29, 2010, 10:45 PM
    I just went to the dr yesterday cause I am like 2 weeks late she said I'm not pregnant. But she put me on 10mg of provera which I started this morning and I started cramping a little. The dr said once I start my cycle count that as day one and then when you get to day 3 you take the 50mg chlomid for 5 days and the keep track with opk and have sex everyother day until you get to cycle day 29or as lon as you want. I have heard that the sooner you take chlomid during the cycle (ex. Cd 3) the most likely you will have twins as a pose to chances more of a singleton if starting later (ex cd 5).
    mommyoffourandttc Posts: 5, Reputation: 0

Jul 29, 2010, 10:45 PM
    I just went to the dr yesterday cause I am like 2 weeks late she said I'm not pregnant. But she put me on 10mg of provera which I started this morning and I started cramping a little. The dr said once I start my cycle count that as day one and then when you get to day 3 you take the 50mg chlomid for 5 days and the keep track with opk and have sex everyother day until you get to cycle day 29or as lon as you want. I have heard that the sooner you take chlomid during the cycle (ex. Cd 3) the most likely you will have twins as a pose to chances more of a singleton if starting later (ex cd 5).
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2010, 05:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mommyoffourandttc View Post
    I just went to the dr yesterday cause I am like 2 weeks late she said I'm not preg. But she put me on 10mg of provera which I started this morning and I started cramping a little. The dr said once I start my cycle count that as day one and then when you get to day 3 you take the 50mg chlomid for 5 days and the keep track with opk and have sex everyother day until you get to cycle day 29or as lon as you want. I have heard that the sooner you take chlomid during the cycle (ex. Cd 3) the most likely you will have twins as a pose to chances more of a singleton if starting later (ex cd 5).
    **again, please watch the original post date and the last time the OP followed up... this thread is over 3 years old**
    harryporter18 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 05:47 AM
    It is useful http://www.sundrugstore.com/cleocin-c-23_145.html
    Buy cleocin

Nov 2, 2010, 05:48 AM
    Comment on harryporter18's post
    http://www.sundrugstore.com/cleocin-c-23_145.html
    Buy cleocin

Nov 2, 2010, 05:49 AM
    http://www.sundrugstore.com/cleocin-c-23_145.html
    Buy cleocin
    http://www.sundrugstore.com/clomid -c-122_134 .html
    Clomid

Nov 2, 2010, 05:49 AM
    http://www.sundrugstore.com/augmentin-c-23_141.html"
    Augmentin 1000 mg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Discharge used clomid [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm a 30 year old female and have been trying to conceive the last few months. I have PCOS. My cycles are regular 28 days. I am on my 2nd month of Clomid first month being 50mg second month being 100mg. I used ovulation test predictor I tested from CD 9 up to CD 16. There were a faint test...

Clomid and pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I was just diagnosed with Anovulation. That means I do not produce eggs when i ovulate. I have to wait for my next period to start, but I will be put on Clomid. Does anyone know how long it will take me to get pregnant with this? Also I have insurance, but how much does the Clomid cost at the...

First time clomid user [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant for over 1 year so my doctor has put me on clomid because my body will not ovulate. I was just wondering what the success rate is? And does it increase my chances of having twins, etc.

Taking Clomid, waiting for a period. [ 1 Answers ]

I just finished my first cycle of clomid for infertility. My period is usually every 25 days average. I was told to start the clomid on day 5 of my cycle. Today is day 27 and I have no period. I took a HPT but it came up negative. A week before I was very crampy and bloated. Could it be that...

Clomid, Ovulation and Pregnancy [ 2 Answers ]

I have PCOS. My doctor started me on Clomid. I took one round of clomid 50mg. My Doctor then brought me on day 12 to look at my ovaries to see if I produced follicles. I did- so he advised me to go home and do Ovulation test for 3 days. One in the morning and one in the evening. I did them...

View more questions Search