Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keleki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 09:37 AM
    Loud bang when ac turns on only
    The last two years my AC has needed more coolant needed. I was told it is a slow leak that can't be found. AC works fine except for very loud bang at the condenser when it goes on. It is a Lennox unit installed in 2000. I am a widow on a fixed income, and will be selling this house next summer. I don't know if I should replace it or if it can be fixed. One service told me they don't know what is making the noise. Should I get a second opinion. I'm afraid a home inspection next year may catch this. Thanks in advance for any help.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud bang when Toilet shut off closes after use. [ 3 Answers ]

When the toilet valve finishes (closes) after the toilet is flushed the pipe from the toilet to the wall bangs and shakes. I do not recall this happening in the past so it has just started. Is something wrong and should I be concerned?

After the blower stops there is a loud bang [ 0 Answers ]

Sounds like the heating duct is contracting, how can I stop this

Loud Bang when AC turns on or off [ 11 Answers ]

My wife and I have noticed a loud bang (can hear it anywhere in the whole house) every time our AC kicks on, or shuts down. It is a relatively new sound (just noticed it this spring). I'm pretty sure it was not making this sound ever in the past. This is different than the audible click that...

Toilet makes a loud BANG after being flushed [ 7 Answers ]

Hello - I think I have water hammer but I an unclear as to how to fix it! I live in a 16 year old house, and every time I flush one of the toilets upstairs it flushes fine but when finished filling, it makes a very loud bang! I don't want any problems with pipes, so I am wondering how to fix this? ...

Bronco stopped moving with loud bang [ 2 Answers ]

It sounded like I ran over a huge pothole but then the Bronco stopped moving and stalled. I turned the key off and opened the hood thinking maybe I blew something, but it all looked normal. I turned the key back on and it started right away. Moving the truck to drive however didn't cause the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.