Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2012, 07:01 AM
    Tubs which one is better
    Home Depot has the standard 5 foot tub. Bootz industries maui 5 ft right drain bathtub in white at $169.00
    Whereas
    Lowe's has a Briggs 5 ft tub rectangular skirted tub for $138.00

I wonder which one is better?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 28, 2012, 07:54 AM
    I don't rate tubs by brands I rate them by material. With Cast Iron tubs ar #1.
    Steel tubs at #2,
    Acrylic at #3 and
    Fiberglass at #4
    Hope this helps, Tom

Jul 2, 2012, 02:31 PM
    Thanks a million. The Lowe's tub is porcelain enameled street. Home Depot tub is
    Single sheet of heavy gauge seamless steel,giving it the beauty of porcelain

Jul 2, 2012, 04:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1 View Post
    I don't rate tubs by brands I rate them by material. With Cast Iron tubs ar #1.
    Steel tubs at #2,
    Acrylic at #3 and
    Fiberglass at #4
    Hope this helps, Tom

Thanks a million. The Lowe's tub is porcelain enameled street. Home Depot tub is
    Single sheet of heavy gauge seamless steel,giving it the beauty of porcelain

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acrylic tubs vs fiberglass tubs [ 0 Answers ]

Acrylic tubs vs fiberglass tubs - which is better & why?

The tubs drain and the toilets bubble when the tubs drain. Now the toilets drain slow [ 3 Answers ]

I snaked the tub at the overflow, the tub drains but he toilet bubbles and drains very slowly when flushed. What should I look for?

Moen tubs [ 2 Answers ]

What can I do to get the cartidge out of a moen tub, we tried the puller and it is not working, my neighbor tried to change the cartridge and slammed it down in there and now it is stuck and I can't get it out.

Hot tubs [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering what could be wrong on a hot tub when the ground breaker will not stay on? We know the breaker itself is not broke, but we don't know what we need to do, can you help?

Tubs/toilets clogged [ 1 Answers ]

Three days ago, in our ranch house with 2 full baths, both showers were used and the water stopped draining and when the toilet was flushed it did not drain but overflowed and also caused water to start leaking in a small pinhole in the cast iron drainage pipe between bath #1 and bath #2. Bath #1...

View more questions Search