Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JGFanMar24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 08:09 PM
    My new husband wants to adopt my son...
    My new husband wants to adopt my 6 yr old son. The bio dad says NO WAY. He never hardly pays child support. He's due to go to jail in 3 weeks for non-payment. He's a violent alcoholic who doesn't have a vehicle and lives in a 2 bdrm house w/ his aunt and uncle. He hasn't worked since March 16, and has a civil protection order against him until October of 2013. What needs to be done? I've heard numerous stories...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2012, 08:15 PM
    If he will not sign, you find the very best lawyer you have, file for the adoption and prove it should be done according to the laws of your state. Each state in the US has separate rules on why adoptions can happen. In these cases it is just never for sure what the court will or will not do. All you can do is file and try. Talk to a local attorney first

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If my son is in prison for a sex offence can his ex girl friends husband adopt my son [ 5 Answers ]

Child with out his permission. He was not married to her but birth records shows my son as the father and he has court ordered visitation. Thanks Worried Grandmother

How can my husband adopt my son [ 1 Answers ]

I am married with 3 of children with another man and 1 with my husband. My 3 year old doesn't know his dad and calls my husband dad. His real father talks to the other two children but my husband and I are looking to see if my husband could adapt my 3 year old. How would I do that?

The father of my son passed away and my new husband wants to adopt my son? [ 1 Answers ]

My son's father passed way almost two years ago. I just remarried and my new husband wants to adopt my son. My new husband has been taking care of my son like his own for a year now and my son just adores him and all ready calls him "Dad". We live in Illinois and just wanted to know where we...

Hello my husband wants to adopt my son [ 4 Answers ]

My Son is 7 years old and his father has never been in his life, he didn't sign the birth certificate or anything and when I got married my husband talked about adopting my son since my son knows no better he's been calling my husband daddy since he could talk so I was wondering if anyone knows...

My husband wants to adopt my son [ 6 Answers ]

We live in Pennsylvania and I just got married and my husband wants to adopt my 7 year old son. The biological father is not in the picture and has had made no attempt to be a part of my sons life. He is not listed on the birth certificate and I have no idea where he lives. Can I just list my...

View more questions Search