Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doll1949 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 06:17 PM
    Warrant for arrest.
    My sophomore year of college I was on probation for possession of marijuana 2nd degree in Alabama. I went a few months and paid some of my fines but I left. I learned I had a warrant for my arrest while trying to enlist in the Army. What can be done without me going to jail?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by doll1949 View Post
    My sophomore year of college I was on probation for possession of marijuana 2nd degree in Alabama. I went a few months and paid some of my fines but I left. I learned I had a warrant for my arrest while trying to enlist in the Army. What can be done without me going to jail?
    Gee, where did you think you only had to pay "SOME" of your fines... you clearly violated your probation, which likely would have been jail time had you not gotten probation..

You HAVE to deal with that warrant... because its not going away by ignoring it.

Hire a lawyer and have them find out the details, and negotiate a voluntary surrender... you can likely get a better deal than you would get if your were arrested at a traffic stop.

Maybe you will get a slap on the wrist... get even more fines... maybe you are going to have to serve some time... but one thing you have to know... an arrest warrant never expires. Until you deal with this... even 30 years from now it will still be there, active and valid.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2012, 07:30 PM
    Most likely there is nothing you can do. They will want at least you to be in jail while you wait on a court hearing.

The very best you can hope for, is hire an attorney in that state, have them work out a deal with the probation department, they may allow you to turn yourself in and bail out ( but don't court on it) Most likely jail for a couple of weeks till hearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arrest warrant [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have any warrents for my arrest

A few questions about arrest warrant/search warrant in Ontario, Canada [ 12 Answers ]

If there is an arrest/search warrant issued for you, what address do they raid? (as in how do they find out where you live... driver's license?) Say for example, you moved out of your parents home and live by yourself... are they allowed to raid parents home (previous address)?

Warrant For Arrest [ 4 Answers ]

Can the police in Ont, CAN put up a warrant for your arrest, if they SUSPECT you for theft over $5000?

Arrest warrant [ 3 Answers ]

I have a warant for "failure to appear on suspended license. Can I fly to another state{S.C.} without being arrested at the airport in detroit ?

View more questions Search