Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alilynn322 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 12:24 PM
    Am I being abused or even emotionally abused?
    My parents split up when I was born I now have a step mom and step father at my moms house thing don't go well we live in an apartment and are very poor my step dad is the main reason of our issues we get in "fights" but he yells at me for the smallest things sometimes his short temper has gotten the best of him me n my mom have been pushed and slapped but the thing is every body that I ever told says that slapping is a big deal I never thought it was but when a few weeks ago when we got in a argument my mom slapped me so hard my jaw locked in place and we had to snap it back and put ice on it my mom was never like this I miss the old her she doesn't love him she only stays with him because of my 3 year old half brother I go to my dads every weeekend I told them some things but not all I don't know what to and I don't know if I am over exaggerating but I have anxiety and I think a little depression I used to go to a councilor and theripost but all the sudden I didn't think it was helping I have a lot more to say but I want SOMEONE to read this and write me back please I don't know what to do!
    davidS96 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 12:41 PM
    Hello Alilynn322,
    My thinking of an answer on your question is that YES you are in one stage of abuse.. I am not some doctor or anything just a normal person and even I can see that you are having lots of problems which aren't in a stage of normal anymore.. try to get in contact with some better help,the sooner you will get some professional help the better..
    I hope you will have some luck

Jun 27, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Omg Davids96 thank you so much for writing I almost cried you really helped me this may sound dumb but thank you so much
    davidS96 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilynn322 View Post
    Omg Davids96 thank you so much for writing I almost cried you really helped me this may sound dumb but thank you so much
    Don't worry that's why this site exist :)
    Just like I said,try to find help really soon,don't take anymore of that bulls*** (sorry)
    I wish you luck
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 01:26 PM
    You need to protect yourself - and very possibly you need to keep your stepbrother from being abused. That means talking to a responsible adult who can help you - a clergy person, a teacher, a Physician - and your father.

You cannot change the dynamics between your mother and stepfather unless/until THEY want things to change. You can protect yourself before you get seriously hurt.

You need to find someone to talk to - is moving in with your father an option?

Why were you in therapy before?

You have to do something - I don’t want to see you get hurt.

Jun 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
    He is my half brother I was in therapy before because I told two adults what was going on and was having a hard time only being able to talk to them once I am a very mature girl for my age and I worry about a lot of things I am scared to come home and scared to realize that I am abused . Moving with my dad is an option in 2 years you have to be 14 by law but the thing is I love my mom very much and even though she doesn't treat me the way she should I can't help but feel bad for her at my dads I wish she could come with me . I have talked to my family members and they all want me to leave I just don't know if I am ready for changes I am so close to my siblings I couldn't bear to see them hurt

Jun 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
    If it weren't for my siblings I would have committed suicide by now

Jun 27, 2012, 02:04 PM
    I worte back to you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2012, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alilynn322 View Post
    If it werent for my siblings I would have committed suicide by now
    A very dear friend of mine DID commit suicide a number of years ago. No one - NO ONE - realize how much she was hurting. With her it was over a man.

I don't know how serious you are, if you are "just" venting, something else... but you NEED to speak to someone who can help you.

I take the suicide talk very, very seriously. Someone has to intervene.

If your problems are based on your living situation, that needs to be addressed. If it's some other emotional issue, that needs to be addressed.

You need to find help.

Jun 27, 2012, 02:31 PM
    I know I just can't imagine life without the amusement but I wonder when I'm gone what goes on he doesn't let my mom make any choices and if he ever comes coleus to her I literally push him away but I am just trying to defend her I am only 12 I and scared and confusied

Jun 27, 2012, 02:36 PM
    I meant abusement
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jun 28, 2012, 06:48 AM
    You need to find someone anyone to talk to. Keep telling adults what is going on until one will listen and help. Tell people also about how you are feeling and that you want to go back to therapy.
    I wish you well and hope you are able to do this for yourself as well as for your brother.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I being emotionally abused by my parents? [ 5 Answers ]

It was the week before my birthday and I entered my parent's room to get something and I guess my mom was in a bad mood or something (which she always is in) she looked at me in a bad way like I was vermin or something so I asked her what did I do wrong (my voice is unnaturally high and I have a...

Am I being emotionally abused by my parents? [ 4 Answers ]

Not sure if I am or not. I am 13 years old, and it seems like my mom is always yelling at me. I'm not perfect, I get A's, B's, and C's, and she seems somewhat OK with that. When she helps me with my homework, she gets really mad if I don't know an answer. Then she gets frustrated and leaves the...

Emotionally abused [ 8 Answers ]

Threads merged Hi everyone, I am a 24 year old girl, who recently broke it off with my "boyfriend". The thing is, it is all very complicated, but here it goes. Last September I started my postgraduate degree, and met someone. He was in my class, and we ended up in the same working group for...

My 14 y/o wants to live with me. I think he's being emotionally abused. [ 5 Answers ]

My son has been telling me for over 2 years he wants to live with me, that he hates living with his mother. I just had him and my daughter for the weekend and he tells me things that have me terrified. I told me how sad, and depressed he was, that he locks himself in his bedroom, and that he's...

View more questions Search