Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazy-mambo Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Mar 1, 2007, 05:35 AM
    Parents stupid decisions
    Hey
    Right now I'm living in Qld and my parents decided they're going to move me and my family over to WA (on the other side of Australia)
    The problem is a couple of months ago my boyfriend moved in to my place from brisbane but he's not going to move to WA
    If I go we decided were going to have to break up... but I really don't want to and my boyfriend feels the same way
    Should I try to convince my mum that I can stay with my sister (same age as me)
    Or should I just go
    HELP!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2007, 05:44 AM
    I don't know how old you are, but if you're old enough to have your own place, then I suspect you're old enough to decide where you want to live. In this case you don't need to "convince" your mother. Your life is your own, enjoy.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 12:30 AM
    Yeah if you could post your age because if you're a legal adult then I say do what you want at this point.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 2, 2007, 01:49 AM
    I agree with everyone else. Its your life not your parents, if you are an adult no one can make you move. But saying that few of us would want to upset our parents like this, so I can fully understand the dilemma. Talk to your parents, tell them you have made a life for yourself where you are, and you don't want to jeopardise that by moving away.
    crazy-mambo Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2007, 11:25 PM
    If you wanted to know my age I'm 15 turning 16 but not until the middle of the year and their thinking of moving in the next couple of months
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2007, 12:22 AM
    Well your legal in the United States at age mostly 18 and 17 in some states. I don't know what the legal age is in Australia but I would guess 15 is probably not it. So I'd say that you have to do what you parents say at this point.

To be honest at 15 the chances of your relationship lasting are not good. I know your's is different and I've never felt that special bond that you two share so there's no way I could ever understand but just assume that I could and have lived through that stage in my life and I can tell you from actual experience that you have so many changes and opportunities coming in your life that you haven't even thought about yet. That should probably be your including finishing your education which should take a priority.
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Mar 5, 2007, 10:03 PM
    Well your in a very confusing period of your life and relationship
    I understand the situation you are in an admire the maturity that you and your boyfriend
    Are showing when you understand that it will be too hard to stay together and have decided to break up if your worst fears are realised, even though both of you don't want to.
    All the advice I can give is to talk about it with your parents and your boyfriend.
    Let your parents know that your really don't want to leave and give them reasons and explain to them that you have opportunities where you are and don't want to reestablish yourself again somewhere new. Your parents highest concerns will be to make sure their kids are OK and will be able to adapt and have new expiriences and great opportunities, otherwise they wouldn't go.
    Make sure your boyfriend understands that if you had your way you would not be leaving, and you want to stay together more than anything. Let him know how much he means to you and how much you love him, and talk about the move with him. Make sure he knows that if you leave you will miss him, it will make it easier for him.
    Because if he moved from brisbane to be with you and your moving away he will feel very confused and scared, he will most likely go back home with memories of your time together and it will be hard for anyone to console him.

At the end of the day, it will be your parents decision, you can persuade, you can cry, scream and swear...
    But it will still be their decision, and I'm sure your boyfriend understands that.
    Your obviously deeply in love and although you are young you are showing a great deal of maturity...
    I hope what I advised helped you at least a little bit
    papashong Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 01:29 AM
    If money isn't a problem you could always ask your parents to send you to borading school
    There's sommerville house (the bright green uniform ahaha)
    There's st margarets
    Umm not sure if lourdes hill still board (they did like last yr but was talk of getting rid of it)

And if you haven't noticed I'm in brisbane too so I could probs help you with like places more then others on here and I also know the schools that offer these as I'm in senior and know people at most of these

But if money is a problem then moving with your parents probs best option even though WA sucks
    papashong Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2007, 01:31 AM
    Woops thought u were in brisbane my bad ahah
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
    If you can't support yourself and neither can your b/f then you can ask, but are at the mercy of their decision. Be nice if you grew up and were independent before trying to act as an adult.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stupid, Stupid Me. [ 13 Answers ]

So I had unprotected sex with someone I knew for a day. I am usually very good about these things but things just got out of control. She went back to the states and I haven't talked to her since nor do I have a way to. I pulled out before I finished but then we continued after that. My question...

Decisions, decisions help [ 1 Answers ]

I have been offered a job out of state. Will I be taking that job and moving.

How stupid am I? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Okay... here it is... I went out on sat night and had quite a few drinks... I ended up kissing this guy... thats not my problem. I actually like his brother... now my friend has told me that the brother likes me too and now I feel like I have stuffed up everything. I have only met these...

View more questions Search