Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chanu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 06:19 AM
    Can a brahmin girl marry a sikh boy?
    I am a south indian brahmin girl and in lv with a sikh boy. . He s frm north. . As our caste is different, v feel difficult to decide about our marriages.. . V both are vry deeply in lv with each other bt v know tat both the families won't agree for our relationship.. . So I need help frm you friends to overcome our prob.. . V r a vry good together bt d only prob s permission of elders. . Please suggest something hw can v find a solution for tis and marry .
    gocubs94 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 8, 2012, 03:08 PM
    Ok I'm going to make some comments here. I know your TRYING to sound cool or something but really your not. When people in America, such as me, read stuff like this, we laugh for 2 reasons. One, because no one types lik this anymre, learn English! "V" does not equal "WE". That's not how you pronounce "WE". Two, I hate how Indians or Pakistani's are obligated to marry someone who there parents see fit only. Since you're a girl especially, your parents are not going to live with you for your whole life. You're going to live with your husband so pick someone who you like! Marry someone YOU want to and don't worry about other stupid like if its OK to marry someone if their from a different caste or something. In America, white people marry black people, black people marry indian people, indian people marry white people, etc. Its not a problem here and should be like that everywhere. Im indian and honestly, I'm going to marry a white girl no matter what anyone says! It is not sinful to love someone. In Gods eyes, everyone is equal. He will not care who you marry as long as your happy and don't sin. Love is not sin.

Aug 1, 2012, 07:38 AM
    Oh Thanks. . You are right But v both need a way in which both our families will agree for it. . My whole life I ll have to spend with him but that doesn't mean tat I should just simply go with him without my parents permission.. . Is there a way to convince and make the marriage arranged?

Aug 1, 2012, 07:41 AM
    N 1thing. Am not trying to sound cool n all that.. . Its my habit to use those spellings when I use my cell
    pinks34 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2013, 11:39 AM
    I am a Brahmin Hindu girl :) personally I wouldn't go against my parents wishes, because as a daughter my duty is to obey and make them happy, if you make you your parents happy you have automatically made god happy.

But Sikhs are essentially an of-shoot of Hinduism... if they are willing to accept you and allow to continue with you beliefs then there shouldn't be a problem.

Also you said he is northern and you are southern - is there also a language barrier?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Muslim girl can marry a brahmin boy? [ 27 Answers ]

I am writing to you,because I am in a great dilemma or confusion.I am a muslim girl and I am in love with a Hindu Brahmin boy.I want to marry him.But my parents are objecting.They say its very sinful marrying a hindu boy.Allah will punish you and you will not be happy since you will face many...

Can a Vysya boy marry a Brahmin girl? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Friends, Need one clarification. Can a AryaVysya boy marry a Brahmin girl? Some argue that if a vysya boy(or any caste) marries a brahmin girl, he will be struck with bad luck. No growth will be there either financially or socially or professionally and will be screwed down to hell. Some...

Brahmin boy marry non-brahmin girl? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm a brahmin boy loves non brahmin girl.. Girl side was perfect.. for my side my parents wouldn't allow me to marry a non brahmin girl.. Can u please advice to resolve this.

Can a AryaVysya boy marry a Brahmin girl? [ 0 Answers ]

Can a AryaVysya boy marry a Brahmin girl? Just heard of the talks that, if a vysya guy marries a brahmin girl, the boy will be stuck up in growth either financially or socially or career wise. The guy loses the acceleration once the marriage happens. How far is it true? Is it true at all? Can...

View more questions Search