Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kalgrog Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 12:27 AM
    Movie from late 70s, saw on HBO, cartoon/live-action
    I've been trying to figure out the name of a cartoon/live-action movie I saw as a kid forever. I saw it on HBO in the late 70s around the same time Dot and the Kangaroo and that other Dot movie were playing also.

The movie starts with live-action. There is a poor boy I think--they speak in British accents. Anyway, this boy sneaks into a nice big mansion look for food or something and gets caught, I think. It's all fuzzy. Something happens and the boy ends up falling in a stream nearby and everything goes to cartoon. There is a long adventure under the water with seahorses, crabs, and fish. I think the boy still looks like a boy only cartoon. Anyway I can only remember one song they sing, Hi ho balorum or something that sounds like that.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? I would love to watch this again. If only I knew the name of the darn show. Thanks! :)
    dan220877 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Hi the movie is The Water Babies - I loved this movie as a kid!
    Kalgrog Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Thank you so much! I have been wondering what this movie was called for the longest time. I just put it in my Netflix queue so I can share it with my family. Thanks again.
    dan220877 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 03:20 AM
    You're welcome! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A movie from the late 70s or early 80s [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I saw this movie on cable TV when I was little. Here are the details the I can remember. The movie focused on a brother and sister duo. They take a journey with a bunch of companions. Fire and water were two of their companions, they were personified as ballet dancers. On the journey,...

Help with late 70s early 80s kids movie [ 1 Answers ]

Hey there all was wondering if you could help me out with a title of a kids movie from the late 70s or early 80s. As far as I can remember its an animated movie (like plastacine) and its about time travel. I think there is a monkey in it as well as a boy and I do recall them going to medievil...

Title of thrilling late 70s, early 80s movie [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me remember the title of this (late 70s early 80s) movie... This is the story as I remember it... A guy and his girlfriend are taking a ride on his motorcycle through some british countryside, they get in an accident and the owner of the vehicle invites them to his home - a huge...

Help WIth an 80's HBO Cartoon Movie [ 1 Answers ]

The movie I remember was a cartoon Japanese style movie. I remember seeing it on HBO almost 17 to 18 years ago. At the beginning there was a mother pegasus on a cloud with her babies. Soemehow one of the babies ended up on earth where he came to a young woman and believe there was a black cat....

View more questions Search