Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momma5 Posts: 134, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2012, 10:39 AM
    Help with child support
    My husband went back to court this past February to modify child support. His ex was rewarded nearly $500 for 1 child. He got served a week ago for another modification. We live in Oklahoma and I was always told they had to wait 3 years between modifications. This woman has done everything to keep the child from us and insists we pay more. Please help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by momma5 View Post
    My husband went back to court this past February to modify child support. His ex was rewarded nearly $500 for 1 child. He got served a week ago for another modification. We live in Oklahoma and I was always told they had to wait 3 years between modifications. This woman has done everything to keep the child from us and insists we pay more. Please help.

I'm reading that extreme changed circumstances can enable someone to apply for a modification. I do agree that I can't imagine what happened between February and today!

You can always go to Court to either enforce the current visitation Order OR get a new Order.

Jun 26, 2012, 11:40 AM
    We can't afford court .Her family friend is her lawyer. Her lawyer actually asked my husband to sign away his rights and this would all be over. What?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2012, 11:54 AM
    There is normally a time limit if there has not been any major changes in income.

If there has been income changes, request for changes is allowed.

Your husband will just have to supply the income information and see what the correct support should be, according to state income guidelines,
    And next you file to have her in contempt if she does not allow husband to have visits on the court dates in the custody and visitation order.

Jun 26, 2012, 12:25 PM
    Im frustrated about all this because she lives in a $500,000 home and drives a brand new car while me n my husband ( who both have full custody from other relationships) struggle to make ends meet. Its beginning to put a strain on our marriage because of the financial hardship it is putting on us.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2012, 11:58 AM
    There is no magic solution - you have two options: First, you have no legal standing.

Your husband can either go to Court, represent himself and hope for a good outcome; OR

He can spend the money on an Attorney and hope he saves on support in the long run.

What the ex-wife does or doesn't have doesn't enter into this. Your husband has a legal obligation to support his children as directed by the Court. He should go to Court, ask why he is going back - AGAIN - for a modification so quickly and attempt to get support frozen or lowered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Child support, I have other kids I pay child support for? [ 2 Answers ]

I have another child outside my first three, will NEW YORK take my other child into consideration when ordering me to pay for my first three.

Can child support levy a bank account if you are paying child support weekly [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriends name is on my checking acct. He also has his own account. He is paying weekly child's support from his pay check to the state of NH by court order. Massachusetts child support put a levy on all of my account and all of his account. None of the money ($1669.90) in my account was his. I...

I owe back child support, will child support garnish the whole tax return? [ 3 Answers ]

Will child support garnish the whole tax return?

Can my sons father get out of child support, or back child support? [ 2 Answers ]

The paternity was established for my son at 6 months of age.. will the father have to pay the past 6 months?

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

View more questions Search