Jun 26, 2012, 04:45 AM
    Basic travel allowance
    Does a non U.S citizen need a basic travel allowance to travel to the U.S
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clairea View Post
    Does a non U.S citizen need a basic travel allowance to travel to the U.S
    Well, you wasn't expecting to pick up work here to finance your trip did you? Because as a visitor or tourist, you don't have the legal right to work. So clearly you are going to need the money to support yourself for the duration.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 26, 2012, 04:51 AM
    I don't believe you need to show that you have money to enter on a tourist visa. But you will need some way to pay your way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2012, 05:02 AM
    There is no requirement to show money in the bank, And you did not say, but this would not be ghana would it, the world famous location for dating fraud ?
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 05:36 AM
    Good point... likely from one of those places that need a VISA to travel too. And some sucker is about to send money to some Burly Nigerian Guy on a computer in Ghana thinking its his girlfriend.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2012, 06:00 AM
    I will give it that a tourest visa is a lot different from other types of VISA, try entering Canada from the US to work, ( what a hassle)
    I am working on my visa now for oversea and with physcial, passport I am already to about 600 dollars.
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
    I can work in Italy Legally (and elligible for dual citizenship)... that might be transferrable to other EU countries... I was grandfathered into the OLD Italian Immigration law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basic travel allowance to uk [ 7 Answers ]

Do I need to pay basic travel allowance going to uk?the uk border agency required me to pay basic travel allowance

Basic travel allowance? [ 1 Answers ]

Myfriend in ukraine on Business she's froM The USA. She want's to fly to Paris Thenlater on to England, they won't give her her ticket paid for in the ukrain,unless she pay's Basic Travel Allowence first. l'm Worried for her, as she is Holidaying with us in England, Thank you Urshi Ford ,is this a...

UK basic travel allowance [ 2 Answers ]

A 30 year old friend of mine wants to visit me in TX, she has passport and airline ticket and they will not let her on plane without basic travel allowance of $1000 pounds from the UK. She has a roundtrip ticket... she only wants to visit... She will stay with my family while in TX... Is this true?

View more questions Search