Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Knee
    My right knee hurts a lot when I run right under the joint and I don't no why I was 16 when it started now I am 17 and it still hurts did I hurt it? Or what did I do I no you can't really tell me anything my doctor told me its OK my acl is strong and all that good stuff but it doesn't tell me why it hurts send me info ty
    Teaching Posts: 198, Reputation: 28

Feb 28, 2007, 10:20 PM
    Sometimes putting a bandage around the pain helps. Also have you tried old remedies like tumeric, they say it is great for pain or broken bones.
    Ria100 Posts: 15, Reputation: 0

Feb 28, 2007, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by noeymc
    my right knee hurts alot when i run right under the joint and i dont no why i was 16 when it started now i am 17 and it still hurts did i hurt it? or what did i do i no u can't really tell me anything my doctor told me its ok my acl is strong and all that good stuff but it doesnt tell me why it hurts send me info ty
    Sometimes - if you have hit it hard somewhere or hit a corner in sleep or like me had a ski accident and the knee took the hit the muscle around the knee goes slightly weak. This causes the pain. Go and schedule an appointment with a physiotherapist - let him have your knee checked and he'll give you good knee exercises to make your right knee stronger. Also, if it hurts a lot - you may be advised to wear knee braces when you run - just so you don't damage it. Let me know how it goes for you. I did a marathon after my ski accident and without the brace... and my knees is just fab. I hope you feel better too.
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 10, 2007, 07:20 PM
    If it is under the knee in the front I'm willing to bet that it is jumpers knee. I used the RICE technique Rest, Ice, Compression, and Elevation. If you don't allow it to rest things are going to be painful for a while. Toe raises, and leg extensions and curls will help. Rework the entire legs and this will help.
    Toddro61 Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2007, 07:13 PM
    Hard to say without examining knee, but given your age, with no history of trauma, and if it hurts in the front half of your knee, I would bet you have "patellofemoral syndrome" or "anterior knee syndrome." It is a very common cause of knee pain in your age. Search the internet and you find a lot of info on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on knee [ 2 Answers ]

I have a lump on the outer of my left knee. My GP says it's the jelly stuff that surrounds the joint that has come away I had an x-ray which didn't show anything. I don't want to keep taking pills my GP says that nothing can be done. Its very painfull when I have walked for a while or driven....

Knee pain [ 1 Answers ]

I’m 7 weeks into a knee injury. I fell from 3 feet up on top of a wood bench going through the seating part catching my leg in the frame clipping my knee just below the kneecap and hyper extending as I rolled at the same time. I had a mri and x-rays at 4 weeks and was told that the lcl and meniscus...

Knee won't scab over [ 1 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

Knee won't scab over [ 2 Answers ]

I skidded out in the bike part of a triathlon last Sunday and skinned my knee, arm, etc. The bruises are awesome! I'm worried that the scab on my knee keeps cracking open because it's on a joint (obviously). Should I keep it covered with neosporin or something so it doesn't crack... it'll never...

View more questions Search