Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenny O Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Plumbing repair questions and answers free
    How can I remove the wall fitting where the sink drain line goes into the wall? Because of the cramped/limited space under the sink I can not get produce enough torque to loosen the fitting.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
    Ohhhh boy. A problem we plumbers deal with frequently. What tools have you tried so far? Channel lock is the first option. Next comes a pipe wrench. If that's a no go, there are few options. One is removing the vanity/sink so you can get better leverage, or you may have to cut the nut or piping, or open the wall, etc, etc. Let us know more about your situation, pics may also help. Trust me, it can be done.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 26, 2012, 07:36 AM
    How can I remove the wall fitting where the sink drain line goes into the wall?
    What are we talking about here? A threaded cast iron tee with a brass Midland bushing or a PVC threaded adapter? Is the fitting still connected to the drain pipe? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free plumbing questions and answers [ 16 Answers ]

Smell from pipes after using sinks and washing machine can not find any leaks the smell comes and goes. Smell is in kitchen and laundry room which is below kitchen

Plumbing questions and answers free?I [ 1 Answers ]

I install a delta shower faucet #174930 and the O ring and gasket and the cold water will not stop running ?

Free plumbing questions and answers? [ 8 Answers ]

I have a five year old water heather that is leaking water from the overflow pipe. I can still get hot water. Can you tell me what is wrong or suggest some trouble shooting procedures?

Free answers to plumbing questions [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 super narrow small streams of water always running in my bowl. Is that the flapper?

Free plumbing questions and answers [ 9 Answers ]

When I turned on the hot water in my bathroom sink, nothing came out (the cold worked just fine). I checked the shut off valve, it was open, and all the connections were fine. I also checked all the other faucets in the house, and all the hot and cold worked fine. Is there something else I should...

View more questions Search